TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 10:48:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59

PHP Script (Show on Front Page only way it will Work)

Started by Delayed, March 04, 2006, 09:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delayed

Okay,

I am trying to get a script from Gatequest.net (http://gatequest.net/products/) called Site_Recommender_2.3 to work.

It is a PHP script that I can get to work but only when I have it checked to show on the main page.  When I uncheck this button so that I call it as a static page the php script doesn't work.

What I have done is go into articles to post a file clicked on the menu item to add PHP.  It works fine until I check "no" to not show it on the frontpage. 

All I want to do is add it as a menu item under "content" to call an articles page.  But if it is not clicked to show on the front page the script does not work.  It works in everyway even as a call as a menu item from the content menu unless I check no "to show on the front page"

Any Ideas?

Thanks

bloc

hm, the index.php?page=x with your code do not work? Bu if its among the other articles it does?

Delayed

Correct,

If it is marked to show with the other articles it works but if it is unchecked it does not work.

bloc

hm, very peculiar. When you edit the article..does the WYSIWYG editor appear(which it should not, but still..) ?

Delayed

No, I am not sure what the WYSIWIG is supposed to look like.  I have not seen anything that is WYSIWIG.  \

I have tried turning membergroups on and off and can only get it to work if it is checked to show on the front page.

Delayed

I have turned WYSIWIG off and nothing lookwise has changed when editing the article which is just one line an include

include("tellafriend/inc.recommend.php");

Also article has to be shown as on the frontpage and the setting prefs have to show the articles in some form with the forum posts or just articles by itself.

bloc

hm, maybe the path are wrong. Does the "tellafriend" exist inside the forum folder?

Delayed

I have tried it both ways and am positive that it doesn't work either way.  I will try it again just to be sure. 

But anyway it calls the front page correctly where you put in your , name e-mail etc and your friends name but if articles is not turned on it doesn't continue to the Thank You Page for Recommending it and no e-mail is sent.

(no matter what options have set it shows the first page correctly, however it doesn't execute the script unless show articles and show on front page our checked)

Just a side note in case this might help you diagnose what is wrong but I am having all kinds of problems with inserting HTML into a regular add article page.  I can get the HTML to work but then I can't edit the settings such as what blocks to show with the included HTML (Left Right, Top etc)

Edit:  Just checked to be sure the tell a friend folder is inside the forum (Home) folder the way I have it running now.  I did try it the other way with the folder outside the directory and it did the same thing.

bloc

What blocks to show, should be available in edit article - display options.But they do not come up on creation of an article, only on editing.

It might be some clash between names in the sitecommander script and TP. What is the link to the script you are using?

Delayed

Quote from: Bloc on March 06, 2006, 10:55:15 AM
What blocks to show, should be available in edit article - display options.But they do not come up on creation of an article, only on editing.

I understand this but after I put in the html save it and then go back into edit the article display to show left, right, top columns etc the bottom portion where these options are are shifted to the left.  I am able to select these options but the send button is now disabled and will not allow me to update the options.

QuoteIt might be some clash between names in the sitecommander script and TP. What is the link to the script you are using?

Here is the call to the actual script.

http://www.retailhaven.com/home/tellafriend/inc.recommend.php

Within the site it is set as an include like I stated above in an other post.

It works fine outside, such as clicking on the link above, until I make a call to the script within the Tiny Portal/SMF configuration.  The script is called and is displayed correctly but it won't let me execute the script unless articles are shown on the front page and this specific article is checked to show on the front page.

Delayed

I know that you may have a problem with double posting but to bring this to your attention on this thread instead of editing my last post.  I notice that regarding the HTML problem I am having was only really using forms.  HTML without form code seems to be working fine.

But the PHP problem I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it.

Delayed

I have the PHP file working in a block but not in an article.  Anyway

Thanks

bloc

Forms in articles seems to cause some problems. I haven't found out exactly why yet though.