TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:01:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 158
  • Total: 159
  • @rjen

How to create a frontpage that is only seen when outside link is clicked

Started by Replayuk, June 05, 2020, 11:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replayuk

Boom got it working took a little to understand it was the editor that was conflicting but we got there Lurk Cheers, attachment below showing it working now.

lurkalot

Quote from: Replayuk on June 07, 2020, 09:51:48 AM
Boom got it working took a little to understand it was the editor that was conflicting but we got there Lurk Cheers, attachment below showing it working now.

Not so much the editor conflicting, because it's doing what it should.  The WYSIWYG editor is designed to build the article from scratch actually seeing what's happening as you go.  To dump raw html in there you needed to click the View Source button first. 

I've always turned the editor off for my own use, simply because I find it easier, and no chance of the editor changing stuff you don't want it to.  It's a personal preference, hence being able to turn it off/on.

Anyway, glad you're getting there with it.  ;)

Replayuk

Ok that page is up and running now, so two questions Lurk.

1, can i make it so guess`s can see that artical, If so how do i make that happen.
2,at the top of the artical you can see some kinda block saying print and edite, Is it possible to remove them and if so how would i go about that.

Cheers Lurk massive help you`ve been, Thankyou

lurkalot

Quote from: Replayuk on June 07, 2020, 11:13:44 AM
Ok that page is up and running now, so two questions Lurk.

1, can i make it so guess`s can see that artical, If so how do i make that happen.
2,at the top of the artical you can see some kinda block saying print and edite, Is it possible to remove them and if so how would i go about that.

Cheers Lurk massive help you`ve been, Thankyou

Print link can be removed in article settings.  TinyPortal Admin > Article settings (the icon with a Pen on it) Uncheck the box next to "Display print link in articles?" and click save.

The other display options can be found when you edit that article, if you scroll down you'll see them.

If you haven't already done so, I would create a category for such pages, such as Site Pages, and move it into that category by using the category dropdown while editing that article. Edit: forgot the important bit. Viewable by guests. :doh:  In categories, make sure the category the article is in has the "Membergroups that can see this category" set to what you need.

Make sure article is approved, and active.  Again you'll see those settings when you scroll down below the editor.

lurkalot

In addition to the my last post, might be an idea to check out the docs site, regarding articles, there's stuff there which will be helpful to you, https://www.tinyportal.net/docs/index.php?cat=Articles

Replayuk