TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:16:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,175
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

docsPT.com

Started by FragaCampos, March 28, 2009, 03:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragaCampos

Hello everybody :)

Here's my forum with TP, based on the New Definition, by bloc.

It's a forum for documentaries and its subtitles.

Site Name: docsPT
Site URL: http://www.docspt.com/
Site Owner: FragaCampos and cab
Site Designer: SMF, TinyPortal
Theme Designer: bloc
Site Genre: Documentaries, subtitles

Renegd98

FragaCampos,

Welcome to TP. 

Please follow the guidelines in this post for showcasing your site:  http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php/topic,5683.0.html

FragaCampos

ZarPrime

FragaCampos,

The site looks very nice.  However, we must ask you to replace Bloc's copyright for the theme on your site.    The link to your site has been removed until then.

Thanks You,

ZarPrime

FragaCampos

Done.
Sorry, i messed it up when added the link to the server.

ZarPrime

Quote from: FragaCampos on May 17, 2009, 12:15:57 AM
Done.
Sorry, i messed it up when added the link to the server.

Thank you for replacing it.  PM me the site link and I'll place it back into the original post in this topic.

ZarPrime

FragaCampos

Here goes the requested files.
Thanks for the support.

ZarPrime

Thanks,

give me a little bit to take a look at them.  If I can't figure out why your TP copyright isn't showing, I may need to get help from one of our coders.

ZP

ZarPrime

FragaCampos,

OK, I've looked at the TPBlockLayout.template.php and it looks correct for beta 1 and the tportal_version() is in there at the bottom where it should be so the TP copyright should be showing on your site.

The index.template.php file for the theme that you attached has some unreadable characters in it.  I can't tell what you have changed in the original index.template.php file.  Do you have any SMF Mods that have been added to make the theme work with the Mods?  I'm going to have to download the NewDef theme and look in there to see if I can figure out what's going on with it.

I know that you somehow removed the copyright information for the theme and then replaced it but I don't know what else you might have changed.  Is there any information that you can give me that will help me figure out what all was removed.  Do you have a backup of the index.template.php file before you started changing it?

In the meantime, I am going to see if I can have a couple of our other support people take a look at this to help me out to figure out why the TP copyright is not showing.

ZarPrime

Ianedres

I would suggest re-installing the New Def theme again.

Also, if you have edited out any copyright info the Subs.php file in the forum's Sources directory, you may want to restore a backup copy.

FragaCampos

I only edited the index.template.php.
I didn't know how to add another line, so i just replaced the other one and changed it's place. Nothing else. I didn't touch the subs.php or TPBlockLayout.template.php files.
And no mod that i have changes the copyright in any way.

Wouldn't it be just a matter of adding the code part with the copyright that comes with the newdef theme?

IchBin

I'm sure it can be done that way. But it still doesn't fix the underlying problem. If you change themes, you have the same problem. Zarprime shared your link with me, and I also noticed you have some problem while on your default core theme. You have some code text that appears at the top of your page. This usually happens when you have installed a mod that didn't modify a file properly. It is usually the modifications.english.php file. The mod will some times add or change the code after the closing php ?> tag. You need to make sure that all code is before the ending ?> tag. If that doesn't help in your copyright issue (I don't think it will), let me know. If you'd like I can take a look and see if I can figure out why its not displaying. You may have more issues than just a copyright not showing though from the looks of it.

FragaCampos

I did see that on default theme, but the modifications files are all ok, the code is all before de ?> tag. I know the mod who caused it, but it appears only in this theme and i didn't have the time to look at it, besides, no one is using that theme on my forum.
Also, the copyright issue is several months older than the installation of this mod.
I'm sorry this thing is taking so much time to be solved :(

IchBin

Well if its not a modification file, it is one of the other files. I would first check all language files for that problem. Then I would check the files in the Sources.

FragaCampos

I think i got it now :P

ZarPrime

Thank you.  URL replaced in OP.

ZP

Edit:  FragaCampos, you should be made aware that you still have major problems with your SMF install and the default theme.  Take a look here --> http://www.docspt.com/index.php?theme=1

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

FragaCampos

Thanks.

Quote from: ZarPrime on August 05, 2009, 10:44:19 PM
Edit:  FragaCampos, you should be made aware that you still have major problems with your SMF install and the default theme.  Take a look here --> http://www.docspt.com/index.php?theme=1

I'm aware of that, still none of the registered users uses that theme, and i 've no error in the newdef theme.
Thanks for the warning, thought, i'll try to solve that as soon as i can.

ZarPrime

Even though your users won't be aware of it, every custom theme that I know of uses bits and pieces from the SMF default core theme to work properly.  Even if you don't have any problems now, there is a good chance that you will see problems with your site in the future because of the issues with the default core install.  I'm just giving you a heads up Bro'.

ZP

FragaCampos

Thanks, I'll look into it.

FragaCampos

It was easier than i thought. A minor issue with the installation of a mod.
Thanks for pointing it out. ;)

ZarPrime

FragaCampos,

Something still isn't quite right because your TP copyright isn't shown on the SMF default theme.  However, it's certainly a lot better than it was. ::)

Something you might want to keep in mind for the future --> Mods for SMF, including TP, should always be installed while your Forum is set to the SMF default core theme.  Only after they are installed and working correctly on the core theme should the edits be done to make them work with your custom theme.  This helps to avoid the kinds of problems that you have experienced recently.

ZarPrime

miwashi

May I know how you stretched the recent topics block at the bottom to span the whole screen? I tried moving mine to the bottom but it stays constrained to the left panel.

FragaCampos

Hello miwashi.

I used this code snippet by Bloc. Then i put it in a php block and added it to the Bottom Panel Blocks area.
I haven't done anything special besides this. I believe the part of the code you can edit to change the width is "width="100%" cellspacing="1".
Hope it helps.

miwashi