TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:43:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 127
  • Total: 127

Rogue Staff members - Ever met any??

Started by FERNSIDEâ„¢, September 04, 2008, 12:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FERNSIDEâ„¢

I recently joined a site just to wish them well, as I hold respect for what they are doing, and admire the knowledge of their staff.
Within 5 mins of being there, I had a staff member editing my posts, and deleting others.

When I asked for an explanation.......       it was deleted. Time and time again.

Now what I asked was by no means warranting these actions, but yet I repeatedly encountered this.
All I wanted to know was what I had done wrong, as to avoid repeating my action.
But no reply....  that post was deleted.   ??

I have a strong feeling which staff member was doing this to me, but have more class than that person, and will not display their name.

Unknowingly to that staff member, I had taken screen shots of the whole situation.

I believe that when a person joins your site, especially with good intentions, they deserve a little respect, as they trust the staff there are trust worthy of their information, care, and hold a certain responsibility as staff!!
There are many to add to the above list, but I believe, respect, and responsibility are tops.

If you would like to see the screen shots, then PM me.

But otherwise...  Have you come across a staff member like this?

IchBin

I don't think I've ever seen it happen that bad. You should go straight to the Head Honcho of the site. Unless its the same person lol, then you should probably just avoid the site... :)

FERNSIDEâ„¢

lol  Yeah.
I was shocked!  lol

I know the owner will see this post, as they come here also, so wont take it to them.
I just couldnt believe the complete lack of.............  I dont even know  the word for it! lol

What makes it worse, is that after my final post about me takin screenshots, a post of theirs  was edited to make it look good! LOL

Gotta love  that  PrtScn  button! lol

A shame, because I once held respect for that person. Now I believe that they are either a 12yr old popping their fresh zits, or a poor lonely person with no great character within.

Either way, I wont avoid the site because of one. The rest are great!

IchBin

Well, either way. It needs to be dealt with. No one should get that kind of treatment, even if they deserve it. lol

FERNSIDEâ„¢

lol  yeah.
Im currently in conversation with a staff member now, but their logic makes no sense.
I think theyre tryin to word everything correct, as they know I have copies of it all  lol

All this rubbish, and not even a hint toward an apology!
I think I may have to join their level, and spread my screenies to as many sites as possible!!  lol

Although it will do nothing in the end......            It would still put a humongous smile on my face!!  lol

Ianedres

I concur with IchBin's suggestion to move that all the way to the top.

Lord Anubis

WTF I think the Admin of the site needs to see those screenies...that it rubbish if they are editing forum posts in that fashion, hell thats what make a forum a forum...misspellings and arguements make for the most fun lol

Thats my opinion of course, many will disagree and say everything needs to be prim and proper lol

FERNSIDEâ„¢

lol

Well, I have been contacted by whom I believe is the owner, and a few others.
The screenies have done the rounds, and I have recently replied to them.

Im honestly sick of the damn matter!! lol
I have been told they were having a "bad day"
lol

Im over it, but still have people asking me this n that!! lol
The excuses dont wash with me, but I dont want anyone to be "punished", which I doubt will happen anyway.
Im sure they will learn from this, and hopefully improve on their people skills.
But as far as Im concerned.... its over.... and hes an azz*ole!! lol   ;)

IchBin

A bad day? lmao that certainly is no excuse for such treatment....

FERNSIDEâ„¢

Haha..  I agree.
Since then, none of the staff converse with me now.
Project manager included.
The only one that does, is the one I had the problem with! lol
But we've had no problems since then.
I found a new fault with their PM system, where I could access PMs without being logged in. My guess a  [ quote]spam folder[unquote ]  miscoded. Purely speculation :D
I submitted my finding privately, and have received no reply. That was maybe 2 weeks ago now.

Anyways... with no convo with me, I guess my speaking out has further victimised myself.
All I can say is     *&%$%#$% 

But I hold no grudge... just disappointed

ccbtimewizard

Out of mere speculation, what was the site in question / user in question?

FERNSIDEâ„¢

Sorry buddy.
I wont mention the site or its staff member in question, in an open forum.
I will however, as stated earlier, show screen shots of the situation, if I still have them that is.
Its a dead topic to me...  but glad it still sparks interest ;)