TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 07:52:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,254
  • Total Topics: 21,225
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 145
  • Total: 146
  • tino

[Blogs/ articles] and [Blocks]

Started by Livethefire, January 22, 2007, 05:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livethefire

Blogs/ Articles

I have TP installed successfully on my SMF forum.

But I am looking for a mod or system that can be intergrated with SMF and TP, to allow users to post their own articles (like their own literature, etc) To be put into categories- (determined by me the admin).

So that users may click on "articles" or something like that and they are taken to the category list with all the user submitted articles ad can view them comment them and rate them.
(this could be done in a forum section but MANY will get buried and lost because of alot of activity on the forums, and there would be no way to view the users "portfolio" so to speak).
With a system like this, Random articles, highly rated articles can be then displayed and viewed easily.

To work possibly in the same way as Gallery Pro.
A link to the posted articles that a particular user has written in their profile etc etc.

Ive seen alot of wiki type systems, Media wiki, Tikiwiki, php wiki, Pmwiki, but they will allow ALL users to edit ALL articles,
I just need a blog type thing for every user to post and edit their own, comment/ rate them and be easily interagrated, physically and technically into SMF.

any ideas?

Blocks
Is there any way that I can add a block to a particular section to the forum, rather than only being able to "enable/disable" a particular block or block section for the entire forum?

My forum is expansive so for example
A calculator block within the math section in the forum, etc

Sorta nitty picky :P  But I like to see whats available
-For me having all blocks and panels viewable everywhere is not an option really...

Be cause having alot of things thrown in your face when you enter a site scare most people off unless they are familiar with it and where everything is.

But ill need to see what type of block snippets are available and how much ill be using before I will find away around it,
All calculator would be handy anyway.

Cheers for any feedback.
I'm loving TP at the minute and after I get a theme sorted out I will show off my site :)
I love what you guys are doing, its great.

IchBin

Looks to me like most of what you already are asking for is built into TP in its current state. You can select certain membergroups who can submit/approve articles. You can create a category for each user to post their own articles to. Put a link on the frontpage or where ever you want to give access to the users category so everyone can view their articles. As for the random or most viewed articles those aren't features that are built in, but a good suggestion though.

For blocks you can set each block to dynamically display on any section of the forum or a custom action if you have built one.

Nokonium

Tiny Portal already has an article submission system.

To give membergroups permission to submit an article, first show the Tools Block. Then Admin>Article Manager>Submissions here you can select the membergroups who are allowed to submit an article. When a member of that group views the Tools Block they will see the option to submit an article. The member can only submit. When the Admin views the Tools block they will see the number of articles submitted awaiting approval, the Admin can then approve and assign a category via the Submissions.

There is also a Blog module for Tiny Portal developed by Feline, that is available and supported on her website.

Tiny Portal already has the option to show blocks only on a particular board etc.

ogmios

is it possible to have blocks show up on the main forum area and NOT in specific boards?

For example, let's say my forum has three boards: MEDIA, POLITICS and RELIGION. When a user enters the forum, I would like general info blocks (like user info, stats, etc.) to display, but not if they enter the POLITICS board.

I know how to make a block only show up in one particular board, but is there a way to NOT make them show up in one particular board? This way, I can have some blocks show on the main forum page, but not in any of the specific boards.

So then if a user enters the POLITICS board, I can have the block columns populate with politically driven block content (political rss feeds, etc.) and not have an over abundance of the other blocks from the main page show up.

Zetan

Not at this time without a hack to the code.
It has been discussed and I'm aware that it has be approved for inclusion for TP 1.0.

IchBin has made several posts regarding the hack. I don't know exactly where they are, so I suggest you search.  :)

ogmios

i found exactly what i was looking for here: [accepted] Block Display Option

(will search harder next time)

thanks Zetan