TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76

Multiblock ? (Blocks within a block)

Started by hashend94, July 01, 2013, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hashend94

Quote from: IchBin™ on July 15, 2013, 09:43:09 PM
Yes, this layout can be replicated by using multiple panels. TP has an upper and top, lower and bottom panels so you can put multiple block layouts like that. You don't have to put a block into a block for it.

No reason to be so hostile everyone. The way Feline deals with things in such a way that offends anyone will only harm her reputation. Treating her in the same way you feel you are being treated will only make you/us look bad in the same manner.

Not sure what you mean by multiple panels or how I can get them. But the thing is I want all of these to be in the top panel and not the upper pannel. Well I went through that I found grid layout a bit close to what I want. But not exactly what I was expecting. Is there a way to get it to work like the one i've drawn in blue?

feline

I'm not sure if this possible with TP, but with a PHP block (I think TP have this) you can create any Layout you need.
In the first part you have to get all data you need to show (from the database or what else) and in the second part you can put all the data in a table or divisions.
I hope this helps a little bit ...

PortaMx released the Portax-Forum Version 1.2 with revolutionary features, which has no other Forum.

IchBin

More details please. Are you doing this only on the frontpage? Why can you use multiple panels?

You can also do things like Feline has suggested. To code one block to look like two blocks.

lurkalot

Quote from: hashend94 on July 15, 2013, 08:28:13 PM
okay so in the picture i've attached, whats drawn in blue are main blocks placed horizontally. And the ones drawn in red are actually 2 more blocks in one of those major horizontal blocks(Ones in blue). I want a method to replicate this.

Kind of like this?

hashend94

Quote from: lurkalot on July 16, 2013, 06:40:56 AM
Quote from: hashend94 on July 15, 2013, 08:28:13 PM
okay so in the picture i've attached, whats drawn in blue are main blocks placed horizontally. And the ones drawn in red are actually 2 more blocks in one of those major horizontal blocks(Ones in blue). I want a method to replicate this.

Kind of like this?

Yes ! something like that!

hashend94

lurkalot

Quote from: hashend94 on July 16, 2013, 07:58:13 AM
The layout I had in mind

??? Isn't that what I showed you?  Two panels (blocks) across at top, Single panel (block) underneath, followed by another single panel (block)

hashend94

single block
dual blocks
single block
single block

:3 thats what I drew in the screen shot

lurkalot

hashend94

WOOT ! There you go ! :D How did you do it ??