TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:34:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 183
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Cannot install TP

Started by infocom, July 31, 2006, 06:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infocom

HI all

After trying for hours and reading the posts on this forum I think there's something seriously wrong with TP for some people.

After installing I get no Admin panel for it and get the meesage at the bottom of the screen:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() in /home/mysite/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1607) : eval()'d code on line 365

It seems many people have this problem from just following instructions. Most always seem to say try the manual install. But that looks to take ages so I am not going to.

Has anyone found the problem to this very commmon error? If not then anyone know of another system similar to SMF with TP?

Thanks

Laurie

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

infocom

Sorry, its http://www.infocomonline.co.uk/~welshhm/

At first I spent ages trying to install, I kept getting the other common error:
"You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

To fis this I think I had to create a folder called temp in the Packages directory. I cannot change permissions easily as its owned by Apache of course. I usually change name of folders and re-upload by FTP then change permissions. This usually works.

Anyway, after getting passed the the above error I now get this error about "Call to undefined function: tportal_version()"

Both errors seem very common

Laurie

G6Cad

It's not wrong with Tp at all ;)
You have the wrong theme, thats about all i guess

If you set your forum to SMF default and then uninstall all the SMF only theme you have installd, you will be OK.
Then install TP enabled themes and you have a great forum there.  :)

Crip

infocom

Yes, but it happens with other themes that say support TP. Such as Juno, and Oxygen.

G6Cad

But not from the SMF default theme?

infocom

No, for Default Theme the error at the bootom completely disappears and theres no Admin for TP at all. I assumed it does not work with Default theme so installed one from TP site.

Laurie

P.S. Am using TP v.0.8.6. What confuses me though is why a lot of sites say they use v0.9.5 (such as bottom of this one) but the TP site says download latest one, v0.8.6? Maybe I have wrong version?

Laurie

infocom

I have changed back to Default. Uninstalled Juno and Apollo. But nothing. Error goes but no TP anywhere.

I installed Apollo and then Juno becaise when I installed TP under Default I did not get anything. So installed these other 2 themes.

I also uninstalled everything, then installed the Themes, then changed to a new theme before installing TP thinking I should do it that way round (instead of TP fiorst then Theme) but get the same.

So I deleted entire SMF from server, started again installing SMF, then a Theme, then TP and get same. I get the error and no TP Admin. I dont get the error with Default though.

So Themes work fine, its only when I install TP.

Laurie

Crip

These are long time members who have v0.9.5