TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 10:20:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 140
  • Total: 140

Freelance Work? Help with Tinyportal and SMF.

Started by tfilio, March 27, 2014, 04:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfilio

Here is what I have:

www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013,

TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc

As you can see my tinyportal is way out of date and I want to upgrade but have no clue how. I've read and tried but no luck. My web guy got a new job and has been MIA.

Anyone that can do the job for me?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

lurkalot

I'm not offering to do it for you, but a couple of things to consider when upgrading.

I'm pretty sure you "shouldn't" have any problems upgrading SMF, (Switch to the SMF default theme first) Then just use the large upgrade package from the SMF downloads page, unzip them on your desktop, and then upload the files and folders, making sure you overwrite the existing files.  Then run up upgrade.php from your address bar. http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

You'll then have a completely fresh install of SMF, with no mods etc.

The theme you're using might be a problem, if there's no SMF 2 version available.  Unless you coded it yourself of course.  In which case you'd have to start again.

And what mods are you using ?  Make sure you have the latest versions of these mods, if there's any available for SMF 2.

And regarding TP, you might have to recode some of your blocks to work with SMF 2, depending on what you're running in them.

tfilio

tfilio

I received a PM regarding this post from Les but cannot reply for some reason. You still out there??

Thanks!

ZarPrime

I believe you will need one more post to respond to the PM.

ZarPrime

Lesmond

Quote from: tfilio on April 02, 2014, 07:43:19 PM
I received a PM regarding this post from Les but cannot reply for some reason. You still out there??

Thanks!

Got your email, and responded Tim :)

tfilio

I did not see the email...

What email did you send it to?