TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 02:01:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 109
  • Total: 109

Maybe converting to tinyportal!

Started by Cache-man, January 04, 2006, 04:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kai920

I've finally got my site working on JSAS. phew! Even that alone took a good amount of experimenting.

I'm ready to just throw Joomla out the window, so to speak, because I want my frontpage to be Tinyportal.  What's the best and/or easiest way to achieve this?  Move joomla to another directory (/joomla) and have my root (/) redirect to my SMF forums?

Gidget

Quote from: Bloc on February 08, 2006, 11:56:26 AM
The option of bbcode-based articles is def. interesting. I am not sure when it will be included, but when it does, using SMF own system is of course the way to go.

Have been looking at TinyMCE again, and it does seem like a good choice.

Hi Bloc

I was going to ask about the possibility of bbcode-based articles, so you've read my mind :).  I am much more familiar with writing forum posts than html pages, so I would be really appreciative if this was implemented in the future.

Having just installed TP for the first time I having been spending a bit of time working on my site.  My host did a long-overdue server upgrade overnight and now I can't get into SMF at all :(

The error I get is <Unknown column 'a.attachmentType' in 'field list'>.

Looking at the smf database it appears that all the TP tables have "disappeared" - I suspect my host has restored from a backup from last week (i.e. before I installed TP).  I'm still waiting a reply from my host to the Support Ticket I raised 6 hours ago :(

Cheers

Gidget

kai920

Quote from: Bloc on February 07, 2006, 08:54:43 AM
kai920, although the manual_tp_install.php will install required database tables, it will not do the required changes to SMF files. For that you will need to edit them manually.

Bloc,
I am installing again 0.8.6 on a SMF installation.  Again, the package manager seemed to be okay:

Quote from: after package manager installation
Install / Upgrade TinyPortal v0.8.6beta

* Upshrink table created
    * Settings table created
    * Blocks table created.
          o some sample values were added to the blocks table
    * Variables table created.
    * Articles table created.
    * DL manager table created

TinyPortalÂÃ,´s table structure is now installed/updated.
Please restart your forum to see the changes.

However, after I restarted my forum as suggested, I got this error:
Database Error
Table 'kaitech_database.smf_tp_settings' doesn't exist
File: W:\www\kaitech.hk\forums\Sources\TPortal.php
Line: 103
Which obviously means the database tables weren't created properly...

So I try to run manual_tp_install.php manually, and got this error message, it shows up about 100 times (estimated):

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in W:\www\kaitech.hk\forums\manual_tp_install.php on line 134

Now starting from line 132, the code is:
foreach($settings_array as $what => $val){
        $sjekk=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM {$new_prefix}settings WHERE name='$what'");
        if(mysql_num_rows($sjekk)<1){
                 mysql_query("INSERT INTO {$new_prefix}settings (name,value) VALUES ( '$what', '$val')");
        }
        elseif(mysql_num_rows($sjekk)>0 && $what=='version'){
                 mysql_query("UPDATE {$new_prefix}settings SET value='$val' WHERE name='$what'");
                echo '<ul><li>Updated version to '.$val.'</li></ul>';
                 mysql_free_result($sjekk);
        }

Any ideas what to try at this point?

kai920

Quote from: Cache-man on February 06, 2006, 04:30:05 PM
Hey Kai, to make my test site I just created another directory on my hosting called /tp/ and then installed a fresh installation of SMF, and then TP, and then used a copy of the existing site's database (i did not use the actual database, just in case anything went wrong, but be using a copy you get to see hop SMf+TP looks with your existing content).

Cache-man, thanks for posting this because it helped to narrow down the problem in my previous post :)

On a fresh install of RC2 + TP86 the installation via package manager went smoothly.  I noticed that my site happened to have the smf tables prefixed with something else, and guess this was causing some issues..

bloc

it should not, kai920..as long as the prefix is correct in Settings.php, TP will simply use that to make/update the TP tables. If there aren't any TP tables with SMF prefix and the "old" fixed prefix (tportal_) can't be found either, then new ones will be created.

kai920

When I moved the site offline, I ran repair_settings.php to fix up the directories, database passwords, etc.  I made sure my forum was functioning correctly before trying to install Tinyportal.

My settings.php:

Code (settings.php) Select

$db_prefix = '`xxx`.smf_';

It just didn't want to create the smf_tp tables for some reason...

kai920

Cache-man,
Any updates from your end? How goes the Joomla -> TP migration?

kai920

Quote from: Bloc on February 11, 2006, 04:30:19 PM
it should not, kai920..as long as the prefix is correct in Settings.php, TP will simply use that to make/update the TP tables. If there aren't any TP tables with SMF prefix and the "old" fixed prefix (tportal_) can't be found either, then new ones will be created.

Bloc, just want to confirm that it was indeed the incorrect settings.php causing the problem...

Incorrect settings:

Database Name: my_database
Database Tables Prefix: 'my_database'.smf_

Correct settings:
Database Name: my_database
Database Tables Prefix: smf_

If I run into this problem on my live site, I know what to do  ;) :D