TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:08:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 173
  • Total: 174
  • davo88

Error with TP+RC3

Started by Tussa, September 24, 2006, 10:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tussa

I'm still having problems. I've completely reinstalled both SMF and TP twice now, but I'm still getting the same error message as mentioned in the first post.

To sum up what I did:

• Deleted the entire forum from my ftp.
  • Installed SMF RC3
  • Installed TP via the Package Manager in SMF
  • Added a TP 9.5/SMF RC 3 enabled skin (used Enterprise TP)

I still cannot access the TP admin, I still cannot see anything that is TP related.

G6Cad

Do you have any other language installed to your forum besides the English default ?

Tussa

No other languages, only English. No other mods, nothing else but SMF and TP.

Tussa

Does anyone know what the error message means in specific, and if there is somewhere I can edit some file to fix it?

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() in /home/1/c/clan-assembly/poseroom/Sources/Load.php(1702) : eval()'d code on line 311

stormlrd

sounds to me like youve got a bad install of tp have you tried running the repair file?

Tussa

No, but I'm happy to try. Where would I find that?

G6Cad

You havent got Tp installed correctly as i said before.

Download the manual install package, read from the documentation or read through the posts made already in the installation board on how to proceed from there.

Tussa

Yes, I am quite aware of what you said, Mrs. G6 and I really don't need the patronizing tone. I *have* done the manual install, *and* the package manager. I've followed each step in the manuals (the ones linked in the ReadMe that comes with the pack) and I've done everything I can to make sure it's done correctly. The first time I installed TP (six months ago or something) I had no problems whatsoever.

I've installed, deleted and reinstalled this problematic SMF and TP six times in total, including the one I did today and no matter which way I try, I still get the error message.

If it's impossible to locate the exact error and fix it manually, then say so and I can accept that and will have to look at other portal solutions.

G6Cad

Im not patronizing, i just think that after 2 pages of support given, and you still have the same error i know you can fix with the manual install package (as i have done my self for several times now) i think you are missing out on some thing/s when you do it.

I suggest a warm cup of tea, sit back, read the documentation again, make sure all steps are taken, especially the steps with the code you manually have to add to several files from the SMF package.

And if you cant get it to work, try the premade files i have provided in the installations boards sticky post.
And make sure you have done the manual install of the databsase needed.

1. Upload and install SMF and make sure all things works OK
2. Download and install TP from the package manager, and if this is not possible go to step 3
3. Download, extract and upload all the files from the manual install package.
4. Read the modinstructions from the Documentation and make sure you are reading the correct one for the SMF version you have installed
5. Apply the code to all SMF files that the modinstructions guide you through, dont leave out one single bit.
6. Open up your browser you use, point the url to where you have your forum root and the "manual"tp_install.php file. EG: http://www.your site.com/smf/manual_tp_install.php and see that the database gets installed or upgraded correct
7. Check so that the forum and portal works as it should.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

For step 5 there is premade files you can download from the sticky post in the installations board, and extract and upload, if you use them, make sure you backup the old ones or rename them before you upload the new ones.

Jeff

I'm having the exact same error.  After an extremely problematic upgrade on one of my sites 2 weeks ago, I managed through that one by manually upgrading.

I was elated this morning when I managed to use the Package Manager with NO ERRORS on my largest site.  Now this 
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version()

Ugh.  I guess I just can't win...

I've done the TP upgrade through package manager twice with no success (it shows completed just fine, but errors on the
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() ) so now I guess I get to spend the next hour or so doing the manual upgrade...