TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:34:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 91

Problem with index.php

Started by Veleno, March 14, 2006, 04:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veleno

Hi,
i'm italyan , sorry for my english...

I've smf 1.1rc2 installed and working fine and this morning i installed tinyportal TinyPortal v0.8.6, the installation process worked fine but i've some problems with some links... i explain:

if i try to reply in forum , IE shows a blank page and firefox asks me to doenload index.php

i've this problem also in the administrative box of tinyportal where i'm not able to access all the links but bownload.

I tryed to overwrite some files with the original tp ones but the result was the same.

may anyone help me??

www.teamsolaria.it

IchBin

hmm.... I am unsure why this happens. It may be some currupted files, or it may be a server issue with mime-type. Try uploading the TP files again. If that does not work, I would ask your host about the issue.

Veleno

Thank you for the quikly reply.

i'm hosting the site by myself so i can do any cange is necessary to the apache / php / mysql config files...

i thinked it was a problem of permissions but i put all the tpfiles at 777 but nothing wel....

this problem not existed before i installed tp so i don't think it's a permission problem...

i checked all tp files and they seems to be correct, have u any idea on how to check or any task to do ?

IchBin

Only thing I can suggest is to install the files again. Download the "files only" from the download section and copy/overwrite them on your server. Are you running apache on linux?

Veleno

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on March 14, 2006, 04:44:09 PM
hmm.... I am unsure why this happens. It may be some currupted files, or it may be a server issue with mime-type. Try uploading the TP files again. If that does not work, I would ask your host about the issue.

If i have a problem with mime-types , i shold have with all the same files... do u agree with me?

all php files executes perfectly , all but someone...

i've a fedora fc464 with apache/php/mysql

i tryed to upload the fileonly package but the problem remains the same  :'(

i've read many interesting things about tp on smitalia.it and i'd like to resolve this problems and give tp to my comunity...

please take a look ...

thank u very much

Veleno

if you want i can put the Maintenance Mode off for you to take a look....  ;)

IchBin

Yes please take Maintenance mode off. Or you could you give me a test admin account to test things on?

Veleno

Maintenance mode off but i'm not able to register a new user!!! firefox asks me to download index.php!!!

can i pm my personal account to you?  :coolsmiley:

IchBin

Veleno

done ,

here is my index.php that sometimes the browsers try to download!  :uglystupid2:

[attachment deleted by admin]

IchBin

well.... I am at a loss. I don't know what is going on. If you need to you can always uninstall TP by replacing all the files with the original SMF files. But that isn't what you want to do I'm sure. I guess you could try my index.php file.... although it is the same maybe there is something about it that will work. *crosses fingers* :)

I would suggest asking over at SMF too.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Veleno

IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ i did't resolve my problem but i tanks you very much for interesting in this hurting situation.

for this moment i removed TP but i hop to discover as soon as possible the cause of the problem...

see you soon... and thanks agayn...

IchBin

Sorry I couldn't figure anything out. I hope Bloc may have a few words of advice for you.

Veleno

I hope Bloc will read my post soon...

I was thinking.... up to me , my problem could be a mistake in directory permission or a bad configuration of php.ini or apache.conf, for example, tp needs magic quotes for slash appending? or needs some particular file permission on a linux filesystem? i think it could be the reason that makes browsers download index.php insted of execute it...

Any idea or requirement about tp?

I had the same problem when i installed MKPortal, so now i think it is a problem relative to my server config...

One thing is strange , if smf is running alone, he runs very well!

crip

Want me to try help you with this?

Veleno

yes of course , i was replyng ichBin

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on March 14, 2006, 06:17:49 PM
Sorry I couldn't figure anything out. I hope Bloc may have a few words of advice for you.

i have checked (excuse me for my english) the httpd.conf and i read that in the virtual server conf there are some directives missing, such as: Exec CGI programs - Follow symbolic links - Include ed Exec Server-side - Include Server-side

do u think it may be a problem?

crip

Yes..it could be..

I looked at you site..i click help button..it shows nothing too..could be missing language files/strings..CGI..could be problem, SMF + TP use only php/css/html..also permissions or wrong config..some things to look at..i help if needed.

IchBin

Veleno, I am also thinking it is a server issue. Although I am unsure what causes this. I also run my own linux server with SMF+TP, but I've never had such a problem. If I were you, I would ask in a linux forum to see what some people say. In fact, I'll go ask you're question in one the linux forums I hang out at.

Veleno

thank you crip and thank you ichbin for helping me, i'm waiting for smitalia to release the italian lenguage files for smf 1.1rc2
when available i will reinstall tp on my site and test the new http.conf, i hope it will run without problems.

ichbin may you post here your httpd.conf ? only the virtual server (or default server) section. so i will see if my conf is differento by yours, i refer to the directives i quoted up in this topic...

i'm agree with you the problem should be the server conf!

thank u again

crip

IchBin

Veleno, make sure you have these lines in your httpd.conf

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

If you don't have those, I'm pretty sure that is your problem.

crip

But without those would SMF work without TP?

IchBin

I'm not sure exactly how it works Crip. I think that sometimes uploading files to a server weither it be via SMF or FTP it can set the file type kind of screwy. If things are not set exactly right in the server it can have issues with certain files types. This is something you really would notice in the early days of Firefox. If the mime-types weren't set properly on servers for files, it would try to open them instead of display them. That's what makes me thing this is server related.

crip

OK..i do understand now.. it's like tyring to snatch someones Js.script, instead of opening it.. wants you to download it..i gotcha now.

Veleno

Hi guys ,

i founded the solution!!!

It wasn't a mime type problem, if so no one php file could be executed.

looking in the apache log files i founded a memory error! infact php has a 8mb memory limit for each script, so load.php , when smf is installed with portals, generates a out of memory error!!!

i put the limit to 16mb in php.ini , restarted web server and now all runs very well!!!

now i've only a little problem, i can't use any tp theme. Left and right bars appers only if i use the smf default theme.

any idea??

i thank you for helping me.

Bye,
Veleno

IchBin

Glad you found it! That is great news, and a good learning lesson for many. :)

Your theme problem is because you only have the SMF version of the themes. There are the same themes made for SMF+TP. A link is in my sig for you to download.

Veleno

i don't know how to thank you for helping me... truelly i'm very happy now that i know TP and this very nice comunity.

Thanks to the staff for helping me ...

i will be very happy to install TP in many other sites ...

My compliments to all