TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 06:13:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 149
  • Total: 150
  • @rjen

Make It Snow!

Started by Skhilled, December 21, 2014, 01:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

This isn't a political topic (or forum) so we might all be better served if we returned to the original subject matter.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

IchBin

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the topic. And certainly don't want to start any arguments here. My problem is the hijacking of events by media agenda in this country, when the event has nothing to do with what the problem really is.  The picture isn't there now on Skhilled's site, and I don't remember exactly what it said. But at the time, it seemed to completely miss the point of what's going on to me.  The only legitimate "major" media event lately IMHO is the NY Garner case with the man getting choked to death. Both Brown and Martin seemed to be situations where what happened is the result of their own actions. The political use of Brown's and Martin's case have made me want to puke.  However, the Garner case seems to seriously be messed up.

I agree, we need to stand up for all life no matter the race or creed. I just feel the media are taking the conversation in the wrong direction too often with the wrong information. That picture seemed to say that to me. Which is why I asked the questions. Sorry to ruffle any feathers.

Back on topic if you want - we finally got some snow here. Was expecting 4-8 inches, but we only got about 2-3 I think. Nice to have a white Christmas though! :D  These javascript snow effect things are fun. I don't have a site that I use to put it on though. :(