TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 10:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 74
  • Total: 75
  • tino

Some Manual File Changes Can't Be Found

Started by Deacon, April 13, 2006, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deacon

Using 1.0.7 upgraded to 1.1RC2. No problems with upgrade and has been working fine for a few days. I have Amber, Babylon, Classic, and Default themes with Amber selected for ALL - no changes allowed. The URL is VirtualPilotsAssociation.org.

I want to install TP v.0.8.6 and went about trying to make manual changes to the various files as outlined in the TP install instructions. I assume that the first section is for all versions and the last section applies to 1.1RC2. In Themes/default/index.template.php there wer two or three "search fors" that simply didn't exist in the file. What now?

I have NOT run the tp_install.php file yet and I have NOT uploaded the files to the server yet. The changes I'm making are to a backup copy of the active server files and will be copied to the server once I've made the manual changes. Then I anticipate running the install. I did changed everyone back to Default Theme first before making any changes, but I didn't uninstall Amber, which is my only add-on theme.

Any thoughts? Could I just get a copy of the manually changed files in question, already changed and just use them?

Deacon

borgBOB

Run the install package, and  download the "TP" version of the Amber theme. Get it from the downloads section at this site.
Yes uninstall the "non-TP" version of the Amber theme.

borgBOB

Also try to install TP thru the SMF Package Manager in the Admin section.

Deacon

HI, Bloc -

I did upgrade to the 1.1RC2 version of SMF before installing THAT version of Amber. Is that not the TP version of which you spoke?

Also I tried to find where exactly I had to click, select or whatever to uninstall a theme but had no success. I'm sure it's just an oversight on my part, but could you enlighten me?

To recap. I uninstall Amber, change everyone to Default, upload and install TP from the SMF Theme manager, then change the various file coding (the list is ambiguous because the first several seem to be applicable to all versions, and then the rest are separated out by version # -- is that right?), and finally reinstall the TP version of Amber.

TIA,

Deacon

borgBOB

Quote from: Deacon on April 13, 2006, 07:02:53 PM
HI, Bloc -

I did upgrade to the 1.1RC2 version of SMF before installing THAT version of Amber. Is that not the TP version of which you spoke?

Deacon, there are 4 versions of the Amber theme. Check my signature for a link to the TP themes.

Also I tried to find where exactly I had to click, select or whatever to uninstall a theme but had no success. I'm sure it's just an oversight on my part, but could you enlighten me?
For SMF 1.1rc2; Click on Admin. Under "Configuration" select "Themes and Layout". From the navigation bar, select "Themes And Settings" Then click on the Remove icon on the right side next to the theme.
To recap. I uninstall Amber, change everyone to Default, upload and install TP from the SMF Theme manager,
Use the Package Manager to install TP
Quotethen change the various file coding (the list is ambiguous because the first several seem to be applicable to all versions, and then the rest are separated out by version # -- is that right?), and finally reinstall the TP version of Amber.
If you use the SMF Admin > Packages to install TP, no manual editing is required. Then use the SMF Admin > Themes and Layout to upload the TP version of Amber theme.
This should work.

Deacon

Terrific. Thanks Bloc. I'll give 'er a go tonight and let  know what happened.

Deacon

Deacon

I'm impressed. How easy was that? 3 or 4 clicks and you're there. Now to reinstall my custom .jpgs and it's done for now.

Bloc, can't thank you enough. SMF and TP get my 110% endorsement. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Deacon

borgBOB

Deacon, glad to help. And for the record.. I am borgBOB, not Bloc.
But it's all good...
Peace out.

Deacon

Of course, of course!!

My humblest apologies. That's what you get when you happen on a stumbling "Bloc". borgBob, I won't may the same mistake again!!

Thanx,

Deacon