TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 03:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 226
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 233
  • Total: 234
  • tino

SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 1 is out!

Started by amiralib, February 05, 2009, 06:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Done. I had in fact applied one the important fixes, that of Package Manager already. But good its official now.

alving

QuoteThe goal is to have TP1.0 final as the working version for SMF 1.1x users,

yeah!  i will be waiting for this one..  for me, i'd rather delay updating to SMF 2.0 without a stable TP 2.0..  TP is very important part of my forum, so i'm willing to wait for it especially TP2.0 for SMF 2.0..   :up:

SmokyBlue

i will have to say, the v2 is very smooth..

im wondering if we are going to get a new default theme for it.. and if bloc has thought of a "basic tp" theme as well.. hmm..

the future is looking very bright ;) :coolsmiley: :2funny:

G6Cad

EH ?? Default theme Smoky ?  TP follow SMF default theme at all times, not matter what theme installed and you choose as your site default, TP follow that look ....

SmokyBlue

yes G6, i know this,, have known for a long time..  ;)

what i was thinking last night was that its would be nice to see an "official" tp theme for it., since smf is getting a new "look"  :smiley6600:

G6Cad

Lol, why would TP have it's own theme when it's built in SMF and uses what ever layout that SMF holds ?
2 diffrent themes on the same page ?   how would you go about putting that together ?

SmokyBlue

did i say 2 differnt themes at one time??  :-X

and yes, you can have more than one theme on at a time, but i think you miss what i am saying, G6.. :D

yes i know tp "is only a mod" ;)

but mods have "dressing" as well. what i am saying is it would be a nice thing to have a "official tp" theme.. no hidden meanings in what i said would be a nice thing.

i think a few people would be proud to have one on their site, and it would promote tp as well.

just like there are promotional avatars on smf now, and all they say is "smf"  :2funny:

and speaking of that, i have a few to do today.. but it is nice to think happy thoughts  :P

G6Cad

I see what you mean, but to me it sould somewhat a "messy" idea.
It will be 2 diffrent payouts if tp holds it's own template ( or colors if you prefer me call it that )
As it's built in SMF, and the user have one theme for SMF, he want to have the same for TP, if notm they can always "lock" a teme to what ever article they like to get diffrent looks for diffrent pages.

bloc

Actually I have been thinking about installing a TP theme along with TP - but a bit on hold for now though. This theme would for example render menus directly from TP menu manager.

In any case it would be working as a pure SMF theme too, so its more like TP + custom theme really. One could for example select it to be installed and put as default while in the install process, thats would be quite interesting. I know other portals are getting quite good and will/have surpass TP, but I always found the template/theme aspect one of the most important parts of it - thats why i spend so much time on details on the layout in TP. Functionality is important, but design is almost equally, as thats what the users see - and will modify.

SmokyBlue

i tend to agree with you Bloc..

and as new people come try things out, they want looks as well as ease to install stuff.. not getting frustrating.. especially with elaborate coding, or coding to them that just looks plain "geek"

tp is still and always will be my first love.. no matter what i use or try out..

you guys taught me a lot.. and yes Bloc thats exactly what im thinking.. lmao!!

how did you read my mind like that.. a "transitional theme" would be a good thing.. especially with the menus and blocks, as well as articles.. say, while updating, installing.. etc., and yes the way you now have the tp, as you can use just plain smf themes, is a good thing and can be more expanded..

will have to give some thought, as im not as good as you, but i do have fun tinkering.. and learning is what we are all here for.. but boy do i have the ideas eh??  :2funny: