TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 10:19:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49

Why are my side panels not showing on my site?

Started by thesikaleon, June 16, 2009, 12:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesikaleon

This is my site http://greekschat.info

Installed smf 1.1.9 , tiny portal 0.9.8 and language greek utf 8
My theme is Green Light v1.

I tried different themes from tinyportal but I found only one theme (leather theme) that works OK for me, and all the blocks are vissible.

Quote from: FAQA couple of things you need to check:.

* Did you install TP while on the default theme, with your forum set to the default theme?
    * Do you see the side panels on the default theme?
    * If the above suggestions are true and its working, then you are probably using a custom theme that is not converted to work with TP. Remember TP 0.9.x requires a separate theme converted to work with TP. Unless the option for TP to work in both SMF and TP is built into the theme. Find the appropriate download for your version of SMF/TP.

After reading the FAQ I installed a new forum just for test.
http://testforum.greekschat.info

I didn't made any modifications and I just installed TP and the Green light theme.
As you can see the same problem, no side panels.
I can see the side panels on the default theme and on the leather theme.

It's the SMF 1.1.9 causing the problem or the TP 0.9.8 ?

Any idea to make it work?

thanks for your time  ;)

Zetan

You need TP 0.9.8 themes for that version of TinyPortal. Upgrading the portal to the latest version will work as TP 1 is structured differently. Or you can download TP 0.9.8 versions of themes.

Some themes may not have a TP version, but there is a conversion guide in Crip's board.

thesikaleon

Quote from: Zetan on June 16, 2009, 12:44:34 PM
Upgrading the portal to the latest version will work as TP 1 is structured differently.

So I will have to wait for the greek translation of TP 1.0

Quote from: Zetan on June 16, 2009, 12:44:34 PM
Some themes may not have a TP version, but there is a conversion guide in Crip's board.

I'll give it a try  ;)

Zetan I was trying to find out what was going wrong for a long time, you are the best thanxxx   :up: :up: :up:

Zetan

You're welcome :)

If you change to the default theme, you should see the TP panels, best to check things with the default first. If you specifically want to use the Leather theme, there may already be a version for TP 0.9.8.

As for the Greek language, isn't there one already? I thought Agridoc had translated the Greek language... If not, you are welcome to make a translation, we'd appreciate it ;)

thesikaleon

Quote from: Zetan on June 16, 2009, 01:07:27 PM
If you change to the default theme, you should see the TP panels, best to check things with the default first.
Everything is ok with the default theme

Quote from: Zetan on June 16, 2009, 01:07:27 PM
If you specifically want to use the Leather theme, there may already be a version for TP 0.9.8.
Everything is ok with the leather theme, but i want to use the green light one.
(Leather is very good but it has no animated menu, and no green colour  ;) )

I tried to update the TP v 1.0 on the "test foum" but gives me an error "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF"

I can't understand, HERE smf 1.1.9 and TP 1.0 work fine together

thesikaleon

Quote from: thesikaleon on June 16, 2009, 01:46:32 PM

I tried to update the TP v 1.0 on the "test foum" but gives me an error "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF"

Sorry!!!   My mistake it works fine with TP v1.0

Zetan

Great.. I'm pleased you got it working. Keep an eye out for updates of bug fixes.

thesikaleon

Quote from: Zetan on June 16, 2009, 02:39:37 PM
Great.. I'm pleased you got it working. Keep an eye out for updates of bug fixes.

It's working on the "test forum"

I'll have to wait for the greek translation of TP v1.0  ;)

Zetan

Not much I can do about that, you can either make a translation or have the theme converted for TP 0.9.8

thesikaleon

ZarPrime

thesikaleon,

If the only reason you want to convert it to work with TP 0.98 is because the Greek Language Packs aren't available for the version of TP you are using, I'll send a message to Doc and ask him to upload the beta 4 Greek Language Packs for beta 4.  If you have already upgraded to TP 1.0 beta 4, you can't go back to TP 0.98 unless you have your old database to revert to.  For this reason, you should sit tight for a couple of days until the new Language Packs are available.

Failing that, it's one of Fussilet's themes.  Have you checked to see if he would be willing to convert it to TP 0.98 for you?  Again, I wouldn't do this.
Theme Topic --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php/topic,27219.0.html

I would wait for the new Language fiiles to be available.

ZarPrime

thesikaleon

I asked Fussilet to convert it, hoping he will  ;)

Quote from: ZarPrime on June 16, 2009, 05:56:23 PM
I'll send a message to Doc and ask him to upload the beta 4 Greek Language Packs for beta 4.  If you have already upgraded to TP 1.0 beta 4, you can't go back to TP 0.98 unless you have your old database to revert to.
It would be perfect!!! (please greek utf-8) thanks

I haven't upgade to TP 1.0, I'm still to TP 0.9.8

thanks a lot for your time  :)

ZarPrime

I sent him the PM earlier today.  As soon as I hear from him I'll see if he has the files.

ZarPrime

agridoc

A Greek translation for TP 1.0 will soon be uploaded.

TP 1.0 can work without specific language files, it will take the data from English language files.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF