TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94

Whizzywig does not turn on

Started by itsacoaster, April 05, 2007, 01:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsacoaster

Hello,

I'm using TP 0.98 and I am having a problem with turning on the Whizzywig editor.  It's probably really simple, but when I turn it on, on the Settings page, I go to try to edit an article and there is no option to switch to the editor.

Is it something that I'm missing, or something bigger?

Thanks, in advance.

IchBin

I don't quite understand what you mean by, "I go to try to edit an article and there is no option to switch to the editor"? If you turn it on in your settings, then you should see the editor unless you turn it off in your profile. Also, remember that PHP articles don't use the editor.

Shadow

If you using a php articles. A php won't have a editor to it at all.  If you ain't using a php articles you have a editor for them.  If you not using a php you have a editor to the articles.

I hope this help some.

Edit ---

I know what you mean itsacoaster now. I think.

You wanted to use the Whizzywig  editor correct? You can use the Whizzywig  editor in the block's not the articles. I think so how bloc's set it up in TP.

Edit Again --

Both editor is in the block's not the articles

The first pic is the FCKeditor

The second pic is the WhizzyWig editor

Edit Again --

Umm, Here The articles have one editor.

Here what the editor look like for the one acticles

itsacoaster

Yeah, the editor is there when I edit an HTML block.

But the editor is not there when editing an Article, and they are HTML articles, not PHP articles.

IchBin--I said "there is no option to turn it on" because I thought I might be missing something.  I turned WhizzyWig editor on under "Settings" and the editor only appears when editing an HTML block.  I remember it turning on for articles, too, but for some reason it does not, now.

Shadow

That's is odd thought.  The editing don't have a trun on or off swicth at all.  After you install TP it's atoumater on the articles. I remember you cant trun it off or on the articles.  It's odd thought

Sorry about the spelling

itsacoaster

Strange--is there a problem on my end, then?

Shadow

I don't think so, Did you check in your Forum Error Log on your forum?

itsacoaster

*slaps forehead* When I looked for Article Settings I looked in SMF Admin, not in my Profile.

Anywho, all figured out, now.  Thanks a bunch for your time!