TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:57:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94

Comments on articles?

Started by matthew, February 13, 2018, 09:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthew

Is it possible to comment on articles? The settings when creating or editing an article indicate this is so, but I don't see anywhere in a published article to click to comment.

I have an almost out of box SMF 2.0.15/TP 1.4R/SMFTricks responsive theme install, but I notice the same thing on an older SMF 2.0.13/TP 1.2/same theme install (never wanted comments there before so hadn't noticed previously). On my newer install, I have added featured posts to the front page and there is an option to comment.

When editing an article, under Viewing options, Details, all options are selected, which were the defaults. That includes "Display comments underneath article", "Allow to comment?", and "Do not collapse comments initially".

I haven't poked around too much in any permissions, but I suspect something needs to be toggled on?

Thanks,

Matt.

lurkalot

Matthew.  Sorry for the confusion, we really need to document this stuff.  :-[ If you look in the SMF permissions Click a group, and you'll find a section containing the TP permissions.  Look for and adjust, "Can comment on articles"  Hopefully it will do as required.

matthew

The fault is mine. I have spent so long poking around in XenForo that I sometimes go cross-eyed in SMF. It was the "Modify" on the group permissions that I needed to click to get where I needed to be (but failed to do). SMF/TP just seem to run themselves, once setup , so I forget what I did the last time I did it.  :uglystupid2:

Thanks again.   O0

lurkalot

Quote from: matthew on February 13, 2018, 11:34:16 AM
The fault is mine. I have spent so long poking around in XenForo that I sometimes go cross-eyed in SMF. It was the "Modify" on the group permissions that I needed to click to get where I needed to be (but failed to do). SMF/TP just seem to run themselves, once setup , so I forget what I did the last time I did it.  :uglystupid2:

Thanks again.   O0

Yep, I meant "Modify" I was having a senior moment, lol..  Glad you found it though. Hopefully everything else is working as expected?   Hopefully releasing this one soon if all is well.  ;)

matthew

Quote from: lurkalot on February 13, 2018, 05:40:33 PM

Yep, I meant "Modify" I was having a senior moment, lol..
Oh yeah, I have them all the time.  ;D

QuoteGlad you found it though. Hopefully everything else is working as expected?   Hopefully releasing this one soon if all is well.  ;)

As usual, everything is solid. The only issues so far have been of my own making.  :tick:

lurkalot

Quote from: matthew on February 13, 2018, 09:31:50 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on February 13, 2018, 05:40:33 PM

Yep, I meant "Modify" I was having a senior moment, lol..
Oh yeah, I have them all the time.  ;D

QuoteGlad you found it though. Hopefully everything else is working as expected?   Hopefully releasing this one soon if all is well.  ;)

As usual, everything is solid. The only issues so far have been of my own making.  :tick:

Thank you, that's good news then.  Spose it's time to unleash it.  O0