TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 97
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63

SMF Calendar Block

Started by Lesmond, September 03, 2005, 11:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

I actually added this to my stylesheet:

.calendar
{
font-size: xx-small;
font-family: verdana, sans-serif;
}

and changed all the classes in the snippet from:

class="smalltext"

to:

class="calendar"

This way, I don't have to increase teh width of the blocks to get the calendar to fit. Without shrinking everything else that uses the smalltext class funtion.

clemenzo

Quote from: mandos on February 04, 2006, 09:41:24 PM
any idea why the calendar goes one hour faster than the board time?
(it takes the server time... but i'm in a different timezone)
and can I (somehow) change the name of the dates to different ones (so as to place the greek names in it)??

thanks in advance

I also like to solve this issue. I think can be fixed by adding a line to pick up DST offset from SMF setting?

clemenzo

AussieBill

Is it possible to make today's birthdays and events bold, like they are on the board index?

ontap

Quote from: AussieBill on March 01, 2006, 10:28:48 AM
Is it possible to make today's birthdays and events bold, like they are on the board index?

yup you can change this bit of code for the block...

if (ssi_todaysBirthdays('')) {
  echo '<tr><td><hr></td><td colspan="5" class="smalltext" align="center"><b>Upcoming Birthdays</b></td><td><hr></td></tr><td colspan="7" class="smalltext">';
  ssi_todaysBirthdays();
  echo '</td></tr>';
}

if (ssi_todaysCalendar('')) {
  echo '<tr><td><hr></td><td colspan="5" class="smalltext" align="center"><b>Upcoming Events</b></td><td><hr></td></tr><td colspan="7" class="smalltext">';
  ssi_todaysEvents();
  echo '</td></tr>';
}

chraz

When I use this calendar block code with the "Upcoming Events" additions from either feline or OnTap! (both from page 7 or this thread) it causes all the upcoming events to display in the "Linked Events" box above every thread I view, as if all of the events were linked to that thread (obviously they aren't). Disabling the Calendar box or removing the "Upcoming Events" addition to it causes the issue to stop.

I'm using v1.1RC2 and TP 0.8.6

Anybody know how to fix this?

AussieBill

Sorry OnTap!, I meant usernames and event titles. If a member is having a birthday today their name is bold in the Upcoming Calendar on the board index page. Likewise, an event occurring today is shown as bold. I was just wondering if we could do that in the Calendar block.

clemenzo

Quote from: clemenzo on February 18, 2006, 07:03:00 AM
Quote from: mandos on February 04, 2006, 09:41:24 PM
any idea why the calendar goes one hour faster than the board time?
(it takes the server time... but i'm in a different timezone)
and can I (somehow) change the name of the dates to different ones (so as to place the greek names in it)??

thanks in advance

I also like to solve this issue. I think can be fixed by adding a line to pick up DST offset from SMF setting?

I added a global variable to retrieve the time offset in SMF and add to current system date/time. The first day of week is changed to Sunday and day name is shortened to 2 characters.

global $scripturl, $modSettings;

$now = mktime() + $modSettings['time_offset'] * 3600;
         $today = date('j',$now);
         $year = date("Y",$now);
         $month = date("n",$now);
         $days = array($today=>array(NULL,NULL,'<a class="smalltext" style="color: steelblue; font-weight: bold; border: solid 1px black; background-color: white; padding: 0px 4px 0px 4px;" href="'.$scripturl.'?action=calendar;sa=post;month='.$month.';year='.$year.';day='.$today.'" target="_self">'.$today.'</a>'));

$day_name_length = 2;
         $month_href = $scripturl . '?action=calendar';
         $first_day = 0;
         $pn = array();

$first_of_month = gmmktime(0,0,0,$month,1,$year);
#remember that mktime will automatically correct if invalid dates are entered
# for instance, mktime(0,0,0,12,32,1997) will be the date for Jan 1, 1998
# this provides a built in "rounding" feature to generate_calendar()

$day_names = array(); #generate all the day names according to the current locale
for($n=0,$t=(3+$first_day)*86400; $n<7; $n++,$t+=86400) #January 4, 1970 was a Sunday
$day_names[$n] = ucfirst(gmstrftime('%A',$t)); #%A means full textual day name

list($month, $year, $month_name, $weekday) = explode(',',gmstrftime('%m,%Y,%B,%w',$first_of_month));
$weekday = ($weekday + 7 - $first_day) % 7; #adjust for $first_day
$title   = htmlentities(ucfirst($month_name)).' '.$year;  #note that some locales don't capitalize month and day names

#Begin calendar. Uses a real <caption>. See http://diveintomark.org/archives/2002/07/03
@list($p, $pl) = each($pn); @list($n, $nl) = each($pn); #previous and next links, if applicable
if($p) $p = '<span class="smalltext">'.($pl ? '<a href="'.htmlspecialchars($pl).'">'.$p.'</a>' : $p).'</span> ';
if($n) $n = ' <span class="smalltext">'.($nl ? '<a href="'.htmlspecialchars($nl).'">'.$n.'</a>' : $n).'</span>';
$calendar = '<table>'."\n".
'<caption >'.$p.($month_href ? '<a href="'.htmlspecialchars($month_href).'">'.$title.'</a>' : $title).$n."</caption>\n<tr>";

if($day_name_length){ #if the day names should be shown ($day_name_length > 0)
#if day_name_length is >3, the full name of the day will be printed
foreach($day_names as $d)
$calendar .= '<th class="smalltext" abbr="'.htmlentities($d).'">'.htmlentities($day_name_length < 4 ? substr($d,0,$day_name_length) : $d).'</th>';
$calendar .= "</tr>\n<tr style=\"text-align:right;\">";
}

if($weekday > 0) $calendar .= '<td class="smalltext" colspan="'.$weekday.'"> </td>'; #initial 'empty' days
for($day=1,$days_in_month=gmdate('t',$first_of_month); $day<=$days_in_month; $day++,$weekday++){
if($weekday == 7){
$weekday   = 0; #start a new week
}
if(isset($days[$day]) and is_array($days[$day])){
@list($link, $classes, $content) = $days[$day];
if(is_null($content))  $content  = $day;
$calendar .= '<td "'.($classes ? ' class="'.htmlspecialchars($classes).'">' : '>').
($link ? '<a href="'.htmlspecialchars($link).'">'.$content.'</a>' : $content).'</td>';
}
else
{
$calendar .= "<td class=\"smalltext\" style=\"padding-right:4px;\"><a";
if(((($weekday+$first_day) % 7)==0)||((($weekday+$first_day) % 7)==6))
{
$calendar .= ' style="color:#C00000;"';
}
$calendar .= " href=\"".$scripturl."?action=calendar;sa=post;month=".$month.";year=".$year.";day=".$day."\" target=\"_self\">$day</a></td>";
}
}
if($weekday != 7) $calendar .= '<td class="smalltext" colspan="'.(7-$weekday).'"> </td>'; #remaining "empty" days

echo $calendar."</tr>\n</table>\n";

RoarinRow

Very cool, thanks!  I like it and it integrates with the calendar so someone just clicks on a date and a new post opens up to enter an event.   ;)

I may have missed it, but anyway I put the last two codes together.  Now it shows the calendar with the abbreviations with two characters, e.g. 'Mo' for Monday and any upcoming events.  Hope it's right.

global $scripturl, $modSettings;

$now = mktime() + $modSettings['time_offset'] * 3600;
         $today = date('j',$now);
         $year = date("Y",$now);
         $month = date("n",$now);
         $days = array($today=>array(NULL,NULL,'<a class="smalltext" style="color: steelblue; font-weight: bold; border: solid 1px black; background-color: white; padding: 0px 4px 0px 4px;" href="'.$scripturl.'?action=calendar;sa=post;month='.$month.';year='.$year.';day='.$today.'" target="_self">'.$today.'</a>'));

$day_name_length = 2;
         $month_href = $scripturl . '?action=calendar';
         $first_day = 0;
         $pn = array();

$first_of_month = gmmktime(0,0,0,$month,1,$year);
#remember that mktime will automatically correct if invalid dates are entered
# for instance, mktime(0,0,0,12,32,1997) will be the date for Jan 1, 1998
# this provides a built in "rounding" feature to generate_calendar()

$day_names = array(); #generate all the day names according to the current locale
for($n=0,$t=(3+$first_day)*86400; $n<7; $n++,$t+=86400) #January 4, 1970 was a Sunday
$day_names[$n] = ucfirst(gmstrftime('%A',$t)); #%A means full textual day name

list($month, $year, $month_name, $weekday) = explode(',',gmstrftime('%m,%Y,%B,%w',$first_of_month));
$weekday = ($weekday + 7 - $first_day) % 7; #adjust for $first_day
$title   = htmlentities(ucfirst($month_name)).' '.$year;  #note that some locales don't capitalize month and day names

#Begin calendar. Uses a real <caption>. See http://diveintomark.org/archives/2002/07/03
@list($p, $pl) = each($pn); @list($n, $nl) = each($pn); #previous and next links, if applicable
if($p) $p = '<span class="smalltext">'.($pl ? '<a href="'.htmlspecialchars($pl).'">'.$p.'</a>' : $p).'</span> ';
if($n) $n = ' <span class="smalltext">'.($nl ? '<a href="'.htmlspecialchars($nl).'">'.$n.'</a>' : $n).'</span>';
$calendar = '<table>'."\n".
'<caption >'.$p.($month_href ? '<a href="'.htmlspecialchars($month_href).'">'.$title.'</a>' : $title).$n."</caption>\n<tr>";

if($day_name_length){ #if the day names should be shown ($day_name_length > 0)
#if day_name_length is >3, the full name of the day will be printed
foreach($day_names as $d)
$calendar .= '<th class="smalltext" abbr="'.htmlentities($d).'">'.htmlentities($day_name_length < 4 ? substr($d,0,$day_name_length) : $d).'</th>';
}

if($weekday > 0) $calendar .= '<td class="smalltext" colspan="'.$weekday.'"> </td>'; #initial 'empty' days
for($day=1,$days_in_month=gmdate('t',$first_of_month); $day<=$days_in_month; $day++,$weekday++){
if($weekday == 7){
$weekday   = 0; #start a new week
}
if(isset($days[$day]) and is_array($days[$day])){
@list($link, $classes, $content) = $days[$day];
if(is_null($content))  $content  = $day;
$calendar .= '<td "'.($classes ? ' class="'.htmlspecialchars($classes).'">' : '>').
($link ? '<a href="'.htmlspecialchars($link).'">'.$content.'</a>' : $content).'</td>';
}
else
{
$calendar .= "<td class=\"smalltext\" style=\"padding-right:4px;\"><a";
if(((($weekday+$first_day) % 7)==0)||((($weekday+$first_day) % 7)==6))
{
$calendar .= ' style="color:#C00000;"';
}
$calendar .= " href=\"".$scripturl."?action=calendar;sa=post;month=".$month.";year=".$year.";day=".$day."\" target=\"_self\">$day</a></td>";
}
}
if($weekday != 7) $calendar .= '<td class="smalltext" colspan="'.(7-$weekday).'"> </td>'; #remaining "empty" days

echo $calendar.'</tr>';

if (ssi_todaysBirthdays('')) {
  echo '<tr><td><hr></td><td colspan="5" class="smalltext" align="center">Birthdays</td><td><hr></td></tr><td colspan="7" class="smalltext">';
  ssi_todaysBirthdays();
  echo '</td></tr>';
}

if (ssi_todaysCalendar('')) {
  echo '<tr><td><hr></td><td colspan="5" class="smalltext" align="center">Upcoming Events</td><td><hr></td></tr><td colspan="7" class="smalltext">';
  ssi_todaysCalendar();
  echo '</td></tr>';
}

echo '</table>';

[attachment deleted by admin]

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

daftdate

Ive just set up my calendar and it works like a charm thankyou very very much.  ;D