TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 111
  • Total: 111

Problem getting panels to show only on front page, not forum

Started by Coronet, November 24, 2006, 06:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coronet

Hey all. I'm having a slight problem with getting my forum to config the way I want to. I want to have the main page have the left, right, and article blocks and have the rest of the forum to hide such blocks so it looks just like a regular forum. I followed the instructions of going into my tinyportal settings and changing the values of

Use left panel:       On  Off  width in pixels
Hide left panel when in forum? Yes No
Use right panel:    On Off width in pixels
Hide right panel when in forum? Yes No
Use center panel:    On Off
Hide center panel when in forum? Yes No

To hide when in form for all of the above cases, but oddly enough it also hides it on the index page where the welcoming article is! I have no clue why this is happening! I edited the article in question to specifically "Show center blocks, show right blocks, show left blocks" and under front page settings I have it to show only articles on the what to show on the front page button selection.

The only thing I can think of is that I am using 1.0.9.  :'( Could anyone shed some light onto this odd situation?

G6Cad

Please use the search, the problem and how to solve it have been posted over 100 times now.
You need to replace a file in yur sourse dir called TPortal.php and look at page 12 in the news thread where bloc anounsedTP V.096

Coronet

That's why I apologized for my thread in the first place. I did spend at least 15-20 minutes searching for people with similar problems. I didn't know it was 1.0.9 specific. I know it's annoying to receive the same questions day after day if you're a frequent member, but not everyone is.

Either way, thank you for the link. I appreciate it.  :)

tragidy

I cannot seem to find the link to this fix anyone have it handy?

IchBin

Its all in the settings guys. Make sure the panel is turned on, but Turn off the panel when in the forum. Then set the articles on the frontpage to have the panels show.