TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 113
  • Total: 113

My 1.07 TP site was hacked

Started by GM, May 18, 2006, 02:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agridoc

GM, first of all DON'T DO ANY RESTORE OR VERSION CHANGE YET.

It's quite possible everyhing to be OK except a redirect hack. No confirmed database loss or other file change was reported so far from these hacks, they were simple redirection hacks.

Upload by FTP the Security update for TP 0.8.6! files in your Sources folder and see your forum.

Another solution is to disable Java from your browser and try to see the forum.

A link of your site might help for more help to you.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

GM

Thanks agridoc, we're up and running again, but it took a full restore from Monday.

Not sure how or what happened,but there were a lot of things screwed up. Couldn't get the lost data to reload no matter what we tried. Our host couldn't figure out how they got into the data.

Got things locked down tight,and the shout box is off. Not going thru that again.

agridoc

I doubt if there was really data loss however can't swear in it.

I think any damage is done by changes in panic. So far only redirection is reported which was also in your case. In these cases you see the top bar start appearing momentarily then the redirection starts. I understand that it' s hard to remember what you saw.

Did you take a backup of the database before any change in the sources or other installation after the hack?
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

bloc

I too suspect it was the version conflict doing most damage - without knowing the exact details of course.

v1.0.5 to 1.0.7 had quite a few significant changes, that might lead to failure in loading posts etc. But they are also so close in versions that a simple upgrade process(upgrade to 1.0.7) might have simply corrected things. In theory - since I personally haven't tested that.