TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 03:51:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 92
  • Total: 92

Conflict In The Middle East

Started by parentingdiscussions, July 21, 2006, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parentingdiscussions

Quote from: Techdomain on July 25, 2006, 01:31:24 AM
I just like digging ppl in the ribs and seeing who explodes :P

well not really. Its funny, but I agree with parts of what each of you have said, but not all... Isnt it great that we are all unique!
Well, as I have always said, you need to present your opinion before someone can make a comment. I really do understand what everyone is talking about, and I get it all, but I still think that people need to understand that there are more problems then we can even see, and most of us go through life with blinders on.

I really feel that there is no point in doing anything that can't be fixed, and what is going on in the Middle East is a very good one, it can't be fixed, and it won't be fixed until everyone there is either dead or the world blows up. I don't look down on those countries, because I am not in their shoes, and I don't know what they are really going through, I feel sad for them, and feel sad for the children mostly, because they are raised in war, grow up with war, and live war each and everyday, which makes me think of my children, and seeing through their eyes what they see in the US, then I imagine what their eyes would look like if we lived in a country that had a war or people getting blown up everyday, there is a big difference if you ask me.

I think if we were all to see the world through the eyes of a child, then maybe just maybe the world would be a better place.

akulion

Warning: this post contans disturbing images of children

-

-

-

U may have seen this before....Below are disturbing pictures of Israeli children sending gifts of hatred to Lebanese children in what is a systematic method of teaching children to kill others. These pictures were taken at a heavy artillery position near Kiryat Shmona close to the Lebanese border.
Disgusting? Appalling? Unreal? Outrageous?... No, just Zionism

and the victims...

***images removed by request***

Techdomain

No, just Zionism

I dont know that those pics are really needed and relevant on this site. having said that, I also dont like the blanket "just zionism"

could I put the same on 9/11 or london bombing, or any terrorism and say "just Islam"? I dont think you would appreciate that very much.

I also notice that you forget to show or mention the rockets, deaths of civillians, bus bombings and constant attacks that the Isrealis have to live with.

Nice work - but next  time, how about a balanced view of the situation!

and yes... it is childish for them to be writing things on bombs - but they are children, and really have no idea of what is going on, only that they are under attack, and the bombs are somehow going to stop the attacks. That the bombs hit children on the other side has nothing to do with the children, or the "zionists", but with the fact that hezbollah (sp?) chooses to operate out of a city/urban environment for protection...
QuoteIsraeli children sending gifts of hatred to Lebanese children
the text reads "Nazrala" as in the Hezbollah leader that started this war - the child certainly isnt sending it to a child in lebanon.

"no country in the history of wars had the luxury of not hurting innocents on the enemy side when the price is missing important military targets that would lead to casualties at home."

akulion

Well you should read about the Isrealis against Zionism as well

There are loads of Rabbis and Isrealis who are against Zionism

They carry out atrocities in the name of founding a homeland for themselves and no one objects to it?

If you support Zionism you support Racism...why?

Go on CNN or BBC and read about the Aparthied roads set up...a pure example of racism in action

If you support Zionism you support supression....why?

Because their ideaology justifies taking back the 'greater isreal' by force if necessary, and greater Isreal extends all the way to Egypt as well.

So whats next, bulldoze some more houses?
Kill whoever stand in the way?
Bomb humanatarian aid packages and disallow them to reach civilians?
Bomb more cities?

The truth stands out clear from error, in the end its for you to decide :)

Techdomain

I am certainly not saying that I like what I see above, because I dont... I just found the statement about messages of hate to children, and also the "just zionism" to be quite ignorant. Yes I have my beliefs, but I also know that NO religion has a clean history and record, and therefore shouldnt be stereotyped based on the humans that fanatisize it.

I know that destruction and killing are not nice - but there is ALWAYS two sides to an arguement, and to try to railroad some pictures into saying what you want them to is just as bad as ignoring the fact that there is a war going on at all.

akulion

I posted the pictures since they were relevant to the thread and current events

We also have to understand that the conflict is being fueled by the 2 opposing factions who are inclined towards violence.

The victims are the poor innocent people on both sides who wish to live peacefully.

And the worst aspect of it all is that children are brainwashed on both sides to participate in their war games.

parentingdiscussions

As I said, the children are the ones that will change the world, not us or anyone else. I do think that at some point in the future our children should have us all put to sleep, to put us all out of our misery. I bet if you were to ask those children why they were writing on those things they would say because my dad or mom told me too, or they might say, it gives us something to paint. Kids will be kids plain and simple.

By the way, Children learn from us, so if we hate they will hate, if we teach them the right way, they will walk the right way. (But not always) This topic was started to get the reaction of other members, I too agree that the photos could have been left out, but then again I think the poster did choose wisely, and this site has nothing to do with those photos, and this is the topic, and it is what is going on in the Middle East. Think about it this way, what if those were your children lying on the ground with their lives cut short, only because of someone’s disagreement? Would you want your children to be shown to the world?

It truly breaks my heart to see them suffer like that, and it really makes me feel good that I am safe for the time being, but then again are we really safe; could our children be the next photo that is shown to the world? I think we all should be grateful for what we have, because it is apparent that these children never stood a chance in their world that they live in, and the world they live in is hell. When I first saw those photos, my mind went straight to my children, and just this past weekend seeing their eyes as they rode amusement rides at a park, and how much fun they were having, then I tried to picture what those children’s smiles might have looked like, now if that doesn’t get you in your heart nothing ever will. 

IchBin

I personally would rather you not post the pictures directly in your post, but link to them. There's no need to post those even if they are relevant to the topic. I sat down with a buddy of mine who has been back from Iraq for a little over a year now. He has told me stories that I will probably never repeat. Makes those pictures actually look not so bad when I think about it. Personally, I don't think our kids will change this world unfortunately. As intelligent and strong as our kids are today, my only thinking is that they were saved for this time for the specific reason that they will be the strongest ones who will be able to deal with what lies ahead.

eeek

QuoteI just like digging ppl in the ribs and seeing who explodes

Really !!  ;)

I'll not comment on the pics other than - why are the children in the middle of a bomb dump? Their parents are obviouly not concerened for thier saftey.

Quotethe children are the ones that will change the world
Quoteif we teach them the right way, they will walk the right way

Not the way things are heading - they will be RFID chipped at birth, and become nice little state controled robots - watched and tracked for their whole lives.  If they step out of line or open thier mouths in the wrong place - if your not with us your against us - it'll be a nice long vacation at the lovely Guantanamo Bay holiday resort, so good some people choose to stay forever.

:)