TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 70
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97

HEY BLOC AND OTHER PHP EXPERTS ! ! !

Started by gfxindia, July 26, 2006, 04:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

IMHO this would really be easiest as IchBin suggests, to use PHP and MySQl to store the pages.

I have done a couple of small websites where the owner just create and update her own pages. And they all are fetch through something like index.php?page=xxx. Works fine.

Fetching pages physically is a bit more involved, you need to get the files , and parse them into variables to be able to put that into textboxes. I reckon it would aslo need some kind of control system to know what pages there are. Again: this would be much easier to do with a databse. thats what they are good at lol. :)

Techdomain

yep... get a cms (joomla) and let it do it for you.

gfxindia

QuoteWhere are you planning to store the text that goes in these various text boxes? MySQL is the easiest, IMO. The alternative is to make .txt files that are saved to your webspace. You would read them via php and insert them into your textboxes, and could edit them in your admin page.
Both these seems good. Can you say me how to do this ? Please . . .

QuoteIMHO this would really be easiest as IchBin suggests, to use PHP and MySQl to store the pages.

I have done a couple of small websites where the owner just create and update her own pages. And they all are fetch through something like index.php?page=xxx. Works fine.

Fetching pages physically is a bit more involved, you need to get the files , and parse them into variables to be able to put that into textboxes. I reckon it would aslo need some kind of control system to know what pages there are. Again: this would be much easier to do with a databse. thats what they are good at lol
Please say me how to do that Bloc. How to parse and how to put variables etc . .

Please Help people.

JPDeni

This isn't something that someone can explain in a post or two, especially if you don't have any experience with it. As I mentioned earlier, there's a whole book that explains how to do it.

Do a Google search for "Content Mangement System" and see what you get. Wikipedia has a page of explanation, plus a list of links to directories of existing systems. Take a look at this site -- http://www.opensourcescripts.com/dir/PHP/Content_Management/ -- where you can download open-source systems. Looking at other people's scripts is the best way to learn how to do it for yourself.

IchBin

There are a plethera of tutorials on the net that will help you along the way. Unfortunately, I don't think any of us have the time to attack such a task Dark.

Heres a tutorial that shows you how to dump a MySQL table to HTML. Something you'll need to know. :)

http://www.biorust.com/tutorials/detail/221/en/

If I were you I would just go to a place like pixel2life.com and read up on as many PHP tutorials that you can.