TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 03:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97

What is happening here ?

Started by g6cad, March 20, 2006, 10:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkanthos

I'd like to point out that the types of posts mentioned are in the minority, but that doesn't detract from the fact that they still shouldn't happen. I'm not sure where online ettiquite has gone in recent years, but I've never seen people flame so much in my life (not speaking about this board in particular, just in general about manny boards). If you enter any of my websites, you'll see in the agreement upon registering that arguments on the forums are not allowed, and if you have an argument, then you need to take it elsewhere.

People have a right to express themselves, but not so much of a right that they can overstep annothers right to enjoy themself. The internet was made (ok, after darpanet and such, speaking onece the internet became a global communication tool) in order to bring people together. Lets not let petty arguments about nothing at all get in the way of this. Lets not make the web such a horrible place to visit that we only go onto it when we absolutely have to. I'd rather not think of the web, and BB's as that part of the city you only go through when you absolutely have to get somewhere.

We have enough aggrivation from Hackers and the like that we don't need to get it from our peers. We're a community, communities support and console each other, lets not become adversarial about this.

Mitch, while your theory about personalities conflicting seems to be right on the money, there is something that you are missing. Morality, morality and kindness are 2 of the most defining aspects of humanity and they should be everpresent in all that we do. Lets not forget our faces at the door, and lets not forget the feelings of others on these boards. Communities only work when the people all work to make them better. Arguments and petty squabbles do nothing to help other people, they exist only to fuel egoists.

QuoteAnd about the personal discussions. Well thats why they are here and well it wouldnt be bad for Bloc to hear some constructive criticism would it?
I seem to see little of the constructive side of this, and more of the critical side when posts come to this. Lets not be critical just for the sake of being critical, lets voice concerns about features or the lack of certain features, and god forbid, help create said features.

Lets not forget that Bloc probably has a life outside of SMF/TP, and he is creating this CMS without making people pay for it, which means he is opperating at a substantial personal loss of money. While he is doing this most likely because he likes to do it, lets not forget the fact that there is a side to everything he creates, and most importantly the time it takes to create, that we all need to keep in the back of our minds.

@g6cad: I'd like to thank you for posting what I have been thinking about posting for over a week now... If I could shell karma, you'd be +'d rite now.

feline

Quote from: TwinsX2Dad on March 20, 2006, 05:14:25 PM
Quote from: feline on March 20, 2006, 12:43:35 PMI read many of your post and now i think it's a good recommendation, to reduce your ... TradeMark ... TwinsX2Dad.

Interesting that you say you've read many of my posts - but you've never taken the time to interact with any of them.....in some cases, you've acted as if I didn't exist and that my post wasn't there.
TwinsX2Dad .. whe are in a support forum .. and my first intention is .. to help any if have problems or questions about TP or SMF.. primary for the germay support.
But .. your post .. i have not found any concret question or help of you ..
I read all and register many of posts .. but i not answer to all, ok?

by the way .. often it's better to think one night, bevor post a reply ... you understand what I mean?

Fel

(Ô¿Ô)

man you people need to grow up. know what I mean?

Mitch

Quote from: (ÃÆ'ââ,¬ÂÃƒâ€šÃ,¿ÃÆ'ââ,¬Â) on March 21, 2006, 09:30:17 AM
man you people need to grow up. know what I mean?

You joined today so you have not experienced all of the Tiny Portal "Drama". You should probably not talk and act like you know what is going on.

bloc

thanks, Mitch.

This discussion has been good to have..because there have been an increase in agression in topics lately, not really having anything to do with TP or this site in general. I haven't been very strict on forum policy..because I felt that most people that came here often, liked what they read and stayed on, bringing with them a positive feeling and the will to contribute. But maybe thats not possible anymore.

Arguments about the karma function..well, there is an easy way to end that. Arguments about people needing to get back at other people..this isn't a place to get back at anyone, far from it. I can assure you that if the day comes when I no longer want to be on this forum, it will be gone. Plain and simple. I am not saying this to make you feel bad, its just the facts. Life is too short..and in my case( as I am sure for many other great people here too ) family/job does not let me work 24/7 on this site/TP..although I very much like to! ;D

But of course I know about sites getting bigger, and friction starts to set in..it comes with the territory. But it should still be possible to have "clean" community. So I am hoping everyone is on the same page here, if not I can only suggest looking other places...

Paulie

All this back and forth sniping is only adding fuel to the fire that seems to be already raging. Give it a rest!

Mitch

I would just like to saw that I will give this a rest. I dont regret anything I said though I am glad this thread came about. It let people get out there agression in a pretty much non-lethal method. People got there feelings out and well I think it has done a greater good. I wont lie I was kind of harsh on the guy who joined today but that kinda of stuff really burns my a$$.

So I will let this go I guess.

Paulie

Quote from: Bloc on March 21, 2006, 12:58:04 PM
But of course I know about sites getting bigger, and friction starts to set in..it comes with the territory. But it should still be possible to have "clean" community. So I am hoping everyone is on the same page here, if not I can only suggest looking other places...

Maybe you`ll need to create a new board that guests can`t see, and name it "The Ring". then anyone with a grievance can jump in and slug it out there ;)

eldacar

Condoneing flaming and trolling only makes forums worse. A board for it is a very bad idea, I've never seen one work.

Paulie

Maybe not. But at least it will be contained. And there are enough "Global Mods" here now to just move anything that`s a bit controversial into it.