TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:49:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 109
  • Total: 109

COMPUTER HELP?

Started by jp, December 15, 2006, 11:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

What does this go to:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\skeys.exe
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

a2h

Description:
skeys.exe is a process which belongs to the Microsoft Windows Operating System and provides the Serial Keys Utility. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

Recommendation for skeys.exe:
skeys.exe should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly. It is highly recommended to Run a Performance Scan to automatically optimize memory, CPU and Internet settings.

*sometimes these are vulnerable to spyware,etc.

Nokonium

It is well known for malware and trojans to mimic or replace legit files. Go with what Derek says on the security issues, please. He has dug a lot of peeps out of the dodoos.

Crip

Could it also be referring to Sticky Keys?

Crip

Quote from: nokonium on December 15, 2006, 08:11:14 PM
It is well known for malware and trojans to mimic or replace legit files. Go with what Derek says on the security issues, please. He has dug a lot of peeps out of the dodoos.

Yes and I appreciate it all, but noko I ant a smart man, and that last request Derek ask for was ovr my head..and didn't understand what he wanted me to do.....?

Can you explian it better for me?

Nokonium

He wants you to go to another of his sites - http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0 and upload a copy of the  C:\WINDOWS\system32\skeys.exe file so that he can have a look at it.

Crip

Quote from: nokonium on December 15, 2006, 08:18:26 PM
He wants you to go to another of his sites - http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0 and upload a copy of the  C:\WINDOWS\system32\skeys.exe file so that he can have a look at it.

Ok..
How do I get a copy?

Crip

Sorry I have to leave,
But when I made that last post this screen popped up and stopped everything, had to restart.

see it:

Nokonium

QuoteThis is just a place to upload files that have been asked for from other forums. Please start a new post and Just give a link to your posts on the other forum & then press attach and upload the files. Files can be uploaded by anybody but not downloaded at all except for those users that have been given special permissions You DO NOT need to be a member to upload, anybody can upload the files DO NOT post Hijackthis logs in this forum as they will NOT be dealt with, Please post in the Help & advice forum

Derek wants the file you have on your PC. You should go to http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0 and click on the 'New Topic' tab. Add only a link the the thread at Our-Local.co.uk and attach the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\skeys.exe"

Crip

I have done as he ask noko..

Thanks for helping out.