TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 09:28:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 28
  • Total: 28

"recent topics" in SMF style

Started by Lesmond, August 17, 2005, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lafemme

for scrolling : you can make the block scroll by altering the CSS id.  Each block has a unique CSS id.

To find how to target each block, just hover the block edit link, note the blockedit=xx there and use this xx inside tpstyle.css like:     

#blockxx
{
overflow: auto;
}

(sorry bloc, i used some of the text you have replyd to me :)  )

or overflow: scroll;  (for scrolling horizontally and vertically)

I should add this in the /* classes for special block types */   part of the stylesheet. In this way you can easily find it back :)

- edit
:  i also think you should add the height: xxpx;  code... since a blok will expand to the text within it.. and doesn't know when it suppose to scroll or not...

javier

Hi, excelent work

Quoteadd board ID number like to the function if youw ant to narrow down the boards recent topics are taken from. change it to ssi_recentTopics('8', array('3','56') , 'array') where the numbers 3 and 56 are examples of board ID's.

In these way i selected the boards i do not want to be displayed, i understand,

I need to make exactly the opposite thing, i mean, i have around 200 board,  i want to make a recent topic block to show only 1 or 2 board contents,
I readed almost all the pages of the topic and not found the code.

Ovbiusly i want to avoid to make ssi_recentTopics('8', array('1','2','3','4','5','6','7'............'200') , 'array')

Exist any way?
thanks in advance.
best regards

IchBin

There are few code snippets that do that here javier. Take a look at the other recent topic code snippets.

javier

Thanks man,

other question, its possible show the latest created topics instead the latest replied topics?
i have a board with little traffic and after 2 days the latest replys block become empty because no exist new replys.
I want to show the latest created topics or maybe exist any way to avoid the block become empty??

thanks in advance.
Happy Holidays.

Javier

IchBin

I'm sure its possible, but not with the current code from this topic.

ZarPrime

Quote from: javier on December 30, 2008, 10:40:54 AM
Thanks man,

other question, its possible show the latest created topics instead the latest replied topics?
i have a board with little traffic and after 2 days the latest replys block become empty because no exist new replys.
I want to show the latest created topics or maybe exist any way to avoid the block become empty??

The number of latest created topics should remain in the block unless you are using the option shown below ...

// index.php?page=##;type=hours or index.php?page=##;type=hours;count=12
// Topics posted to in last number of hours
// specified in 'count' or default to 24.

If you have set a number of hours to display the topics but you don't have enough traffic to keep something in the block after 2 days, then you shouldn't use the option above.  Take a look at my site ---> http://forum.talesofthehavenexpanse.com/

Scroll down below the countdown to New Years banner.  What is below that is an Article set to show on the Front Page using one of the code snippets in this topic.  As you can see, it shows the last posted to topics, but they remain on there even if the last time the topic was posted to was a month ago, or more.

Is this sort of what you're looking for?

ZarPrime

javier

Thanks for reply guys,
Currently i using the code from the first post of this topic.

zarprime, yes, exactly like that, you still have topics from November 20 in your "Most Recently Posted To Topics" block.
I tried and tried but have not success making that :( 

what's the code you used for that?

excuse my english, grettings.

ZarPrime

Javier,

Well, there are so many different versions of this code in this thread I'm almost afraid to post mine here without asking one of the support Mods whether I should do that.  It might confuse people.

I'll tell you what, I'll PM you the code I use and if Les or G6 or Ichbin wants me to post it here I can.  I don't use this in a block though it could be used that way.  Instead, I use it in a php article which is the featured article on my front page.  I'll PM it to you and if the moderators want me to post it here I can do that as well.

ZarPrime

Lesmond

Its OK with me, but wait until you get the flood of people asking you "how can I change this and that"  :tickedoff:

G6Cad

Zar, feel free to start a new topic and post your code if you want to share it :)
But as Les say, there will be members asking you to twist, turn, redo, rebuild etc etc the code at all times  ;D