TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 07:41:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 274
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 258
  • Total: 259
  • lurkalot

SMF 2.0.8, but not so fast

Started by Maxx1, June 19, 2014, 05:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx1

Allot have installed this upgrade with no issues they say, but I upgraded one of my site from 2.0.7 latest release to the 2.0.8 and my site is gone. , have not found the the problem yet, but if I were you I'd hold off a few. to see what other say.  If have issues you can check at the SmF site under support!

But for now I have no clue what when wrong, the process went smooth, no errors but the site died!

Just An FYI heads up folks!

If I find out more I'll try to post it!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

lurkalot

Maxx, just read this after I upgraded three of my sites.  :D

So far I haven't had any problems.  I'll go do my other one and see what happens to that. BRB.

lurkalot

OK, all four of my sites seem to have taken the upgrade without problem. Not sure why yours went T/U Maxx.  Hope you find the answer and get it sorted though mate.  ;)

Maxx1

Mike thanks. I think it may have something to do with my host, they have a new way of installing sub domains and so each sub calls iy own ini php and cgi stuff.  and this site was set up... it's nuts in any case.. I think I'll start the site all over lose the work I did, won't be the first. Long Live TP Hey!!!

regards,
Maxx

Ken.

Maxx, it installed OK on my site.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Maxx1

Yes Guys I thanks and I got it to work on two of my sites by way of the package manager, no issues, don't know what happen with the first site, but I'll get it back, by using the Same DB , transfering the ( settings.php ) db info only to the new setup!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

There was an issue with the servers again and may be why you had issues the first time, Maxx. Not sure why SMF always seems to have server issues or uploade the wrong version or something with upgrades. LOL

Maxx1

This was really My bad, I should have just done it via the package manager, to start with, it's only a memory patch, but I was busy with other stuff and did it the hard way.   :idiot2:me lol

regards,
Maxx