TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 79
  • Total: 80
  • @rjen

[PAID]TechnoDragon Hosting

Started by technodragon73, April 14, 2006, 09:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redone

Service and support sells. If you can deliver top notch service and support with good uptime people will soon find you and those are the best clients to have!

My advice is to sponsor and offer to register domains for users who wish to promote SMF projects such as certain mods etc. Helps gain very good exposure in the community.

Don't make promises you can never deliver, be honest and your business will grow.

technodragon73

Already ahead of ya stig...was out doing a business presentation to a consortium of businesses today...

And thatnks for the advice redone...part of the reason i got into doing this myself was for that very reason, personalized service, and working with someone that makes and keeps promises!

Honesty sells!

Keep watching this space though as my web hosting is taking a turn for the better!

You can get a sneak peak and http://golddragonhosting.com

redone

If your jumping into hosting in a serious way then I would look at using ModernBill and integrating that with your support software. Something like cerebus I always found was good.

A lot of people who know what they are buying will see you using phpcoin and be turned off to be honest. For those that don't know anything about buying hosting obviously they will have no clue.

When I ran a small host we had integrated modernbill and the support side and it was awesome. I would work on your logo and adding more graphics to your site too. Good luck with your hosting business.  :)

stigmartyr

Some hosts like HostGator provide Client Exec for free if ModernBill is too expensive at first.  That is, if ur a reseller with them.  You can also check with ur datacenter and see if they provide this.

technodragon73

i appreciate all the info...most likely i will be switching to a paid software though...phpcoin is just not working out like i want it too anyway.

Techdomain

Quotei hope this doesn't look like i completely love Skal or anything lol. or i am advertising for him, because i aint. but i am in awe of his history. he is an amazing guy..

a thread hijack? not my thread, but it looks that way to me!!!

G6Cad

I  move that post to skai turas thread where it belongs :)
Seems like i couldent move a post only, so i removed it instead.
PM sent to SkaiTura about Why i removed his post.

technodragon73

ty...just an update...got a book publisher to move to my hosting (it is a new company and not only are they going with my hosting, but also will be using my services for web design) you can see their site darkshadowspress.com

stormlrd

Quote from: TechnoDragon on July 07, 2006, 02:20:10 PM
ty...just an update...got a book publisher to move to my hosting (it is a new company and not only are they going with my hosting, but also will be using my services for web design) you can see their site darkshadowspress.com

Ive got a good friend who does hosting tech, he's handicaped in a wheelchair but totally amazes me. If your interested take a look pm me

technodragon73

Sent you the PM.

I have modified my first post to reflect the changes in hosting.  Keep in mind that I will never oversell my capacity that is why the storage amounts are lower than most.  You get exactly what you pay for and usually a bit more! (mainly because for most clients if they need it I will usually help them build their website as well for usually nothing extra!)

My company Logo has also changed (you can see it in my avatar)