TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 143
  • Total: 143

Database problems

Started by Kronos, June 26, 2008, 07:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kronos

Okay, I was finally able to install the portal using the package manager on a fresh forum.
I thought this would fix the problem because I still might have dome something wrong during the manual install.
Now the initial problem, explained in the first post, happens again.

Still the same database errors while it has full permissions, enough memory ect.

JPDeni

QuoteOkay, I was finally able to install the portal using the package manager on a fresh forum.

I need to know *exactly* what steps you went through in order to be able to figure out where the problem is. Also, I need to know *exactly* what mods were installed in the database you are trying to upload.

In the meantime, here's something that may or may not apply to your situation... From what you have said, you have installed TP1.05 on your "live" site. And you want to import the database from the live site into a test site which has TP.98 on it. This will not work.

Go into phpMyAdmin and install the database from your live site into another database. Delete all of the tables that TP uses. If you used the default naming convention, they should start with smf_tp_. You might want to copy text or code that you already have in blocks or articles and paste them into a text editor to use later, but you will not be able to use the tables from 1.05 with a .98 installation. It will not work.

Now export this new database into an sql file.

Install (once more!) SMF. Import the new database that you just created. Test. If it works (it should), install  TP. Test. Install other mods. Test. Test. Test. Create new articles and blocks, using the code you saved before you deleted the TP tables from the other database. Test.

At this point you can delete that other temporary database that you created, as well as the sql file. You won't need them again.

Then again, maybe I'm completely misunderstanding what is going on. If so, I need every detail of what's going on. As Denzel Washington's character said in Philadelphia, "Explain it to me like I was a three-year-old." ;)

Kronos

Okay, hey.

You did misunderstood me completely :p . Thanks for the efford you've put into posting this up thought.

As I saw the problem again after a succesfull install using the packages manager, I decided to create a fresh forum, fresh database ect. so there where no other mods/themes/templates or anything else present when this problem happened again.

To recreate this problem simply install a TP0.98 on a SMF 1.1.5 board using the packages manager. Then try to add a category I get the following error:
Field 'subtype' doesn't have a default value
File: ...\SMF115a\Sources\TPortalAdmin.php
Line: 404

When I try to add an article to one of the existing (demo) categories:
Field 'shortname' doesn't have a default value
File: ...\SMF115a\Sources\TPortalAdmin.php
Line: 463

Though the downloads settings and blocks manager are working perfectly fine at every aspect.

I've been having exact same errors on the TP1.05 version I have installed on my other test board.

G6Cad

What is your server software spec ? What have you installed to run your own host ?

IchBin

This has something to do with your MySQL version. I'm not sure what, but I'm pretty sure thats what the cause is.

Kronos

Quote from: G6 on June 28, 2008, 10:18:44 PM
What is your server software spec ? What have you installed to run your own host ?

Prepair for a huge list if I was ever going to post all that here.

To IchBin, reckon installing MySQL 5.0 or 5.1 on another (virtual) server and directing another fresh forum plus TP to that would solve the problem?

IchBin

You could try that. Although, not knowing what is causing the problem it could be a simple configuration problem.