TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 10:08:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 152
  • Total: 152

TinyPortal is no more for me...

Started by newsguy, May 16, 2008, 07:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsguy

Tiny Portal is great! I love it and it does many features that others don't have. Problem is, I need a very good Download Section and TP's Download system soes not give me what I need. I decided to uninstall and I won't change my mind.  When I press uninstall, this comes up:

How do I uninstall TP, but not wreck SMF and the other 23 mods I have on there?

I am not trying to say TP is bad or that I have anything against it, I just wanna try new things, and I could come back to TP later on when a new Download system is on.

Dragooon

To uninstall, you'll be requiring to do it manually, see the manual installation guide and do the opposite.

Oh And FYI, if you are leaving TP for a DL section, you are doing the wrong thing. You can just disable TP's DL system and use some other DL system.

G6Cad

You get the errors eather because the uninstaller cant find the code it looks for, or you have some other mod that have changed the lines for the code tp uninstall looks for.
Continue the uninstall and then with help from the modinstruction file, remve the lines manually from the files you got the errors from.

newsguy

can you give me a link to that please?

G6Cad

How about the doc section and also the search maybe.

newsguy

If I delete all files that have a tp in the name, will that work?

Dragooon

newsguy

lol oo. So I read the Doc 2 times and I am still confused on how to uninstall. You said to go backwards. Do I use the manual_install.php? I never uninstalled TP before.

Also, I still will be referring TP to many new clans for COD4 as I have been doing.

Dragooon

No I meant the mod instructions for TP found in this board.
Just apply it in the reverse order.

newsguy