TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 142

Problems with sitemap after installing tp?

Started by mrdr, August 19, 2007, 06:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

you have to manually check the code added by both TP and the sitemap mod.
For the tp strings you can look in the docs and look at the code in mod instruction

mrdr

you mean i should check files which tp and sitemap mod change both together?

Nokonium

From what I can see it is only the sitemap that has a problem, TP blocks and articles appear to be working properly.

The 'code' being shown looks like error messages where your sitemap mod is looking for TP $txt strings and not finding them. I can only hazard a guess that TP has found some sitemap code in a file that is the same as the original SMF code that the install was looking for. I'd start by looking at the SMF Source files that both mods insert code into first.

mrdr

i'm sorry, it wasn't smf mod it is this http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=59676.0

i'm more confuse now because this script isn't smf mod and how and what tp wants to change there especially when it is in separate folder than forum?

mrdr

and what tp wants to change on that page when it is in separate folder??
it seems that error is up to tp, not sitemap script?

IchBin

The errors are there because their are calls to TP when certain pages load. If the proper calls are not made then you get a TP error. If you have a custom page (such as sitemaps) and that custom page does not include the proper information that TP needs you will get an error. Does not mean its a TP error if you are using some one elses mod and you get a TP error as you can see.

mrdr

IchBin

I know absolutely zero about the sitemap mod. Perhaps someone else can help.

mrdr

that isn't mod, just script in totally separate folder than forum.

IchBin

Well that would be the reason it doesn't work lol. Ok, is there somewhere I can look at this code for this script?

IchBin

Can you check to see if this line exists in your SSI.php file?
require_once($sourcedir . '/TPortal.php');

IchBin

Well I don't know whats wrong with your install, but my sitemaps works fine on my test site. Perhaps you are missing some TP code in some of the sources files. I would run through the manual install instructions and see if you're missing anything.

mrdr

Ok, but i install tp through package manager.
And just couple days after installation, i went to sitemap and saw that mistakes...it's really ugly...

endurics

QuoteThe errors are there because their are calls to TP when certain pages load. If the proper calls are not made then you get a TP error.

Is there a documented list of these calls to TP?

IchBin

The only documentation is the manual install instructions that shows all the code that is added to the files.

mrdr

i just check all files that tp changes in smf files and there is some double code in index.template.php and i corrected that, the resi is fine but i still have the same error on sitemap page  :-\ >:(
in attachment is my load.php file

IchBin

Did you check all the files that TP modifies? Go through the manual installation.

mrdr

yes, every single file and every portion of the code ... :(

Xarcell

Looks like the sitemap is looking for something in TP that isn't there?

Therefore generating errors. I don't think TP is the problem, it's the sitemap.

IchBin

If I setup the sitemap on my site, without any errors it suggests to me that you're missing some code. The solution is to find it. We can't find your missing code without looking through your files, you'll need to do it yourself.

Xarcell

Thanks for putting in the time to help this matter Ich.  :D

mrdr

i know that ichbin.
i check codes and files accourding to manual instruction for installing tp very carefully.
i have a lot of mods , maybe they are interfearing
i now as well, before installing tp with sitemaps everything looks fine.

--

i solve this problem by installing smf sitemap mod.

skip_mff

I'm running SMF 1.1.4, TP 0.9.8 and dilbermc and basically the sitemaps addition (Davilac Scripts v 0.5) does work EXCEPT when you want to use the function that displays a human sitemap using the forum template.

The code for this according to sitemaps docs is http://yourforum.com/sitemaps/home.html or index.html or 0.html or 1.html

whether you use 0 or home or 1 or index apparently gives back the same human sitemap.

For me I was having issues that were solved with Tuckers code that was inserted into Sitemaps\Index.php

But I am left with the one error following tuckers mod:

Notice: Undefined index: TPortal_front_type in /talk/Sources/Load.php(1737) : eval()'d code on line 755

As it using my dilbermc theme to load this new human sitemap page as mentioned by the TP team it's probably calling some function which isnt there.

Can attach the sitemaps files if needed.