TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 03:55:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 118
  • @rjen

SMF-VWar Bridge

Started by feeble, October 09, 2006, 02:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch

Well I run a gaming league site, we provide hosting for all of our clans with a TP+SMF setup and will shortly be also hosting their clan sites (all of this is free BTW).

So we have 8 clans and approx 120 gamers.

So what would be really incredible is if we could have multiple clans hosted, with league signups and stuff, within a vwar type setup.

Dunno if Vwar is the go here, I might have to bite the bullet and pay a pro (or do it myself but thats another story)

So what I'd love is to be able to take members of the different clans and form teams of them to enter into our tournament formats (and have a variable tournament bracket for each tournament)

Hmm.. seems I want more than vwar there though :(

feeble

-TMG-

hi,

im interested in testing it... im member of a 2on2 esl cs:s team...

until now i dont have any vwar or vwar account... would be a clean installation!

WarBirD

I like VWAR but its always so unsecure, thats one of the main problems there. I read almost as much about exploits like "MySQL injection" on VWAR than from NUKE. Its a good tool, no doubt, but the people there seem not really to care much about security.

Other than that I would love to try but I have not just my Webspace to worry about, I also have to take care of my own Root Server and its no secret that people can do bad things when they hacked you.

I doubt all those Security issues have been solved lately.

Flex

I've searched thorugh these posts and you guys seem to know what you're talking about but. Anyone care to tell me what VWAR is? and what it does?

Flex

I googled on it and found that very site, but it doesnt tell me anything. Even in the FAQ there's no questions reading: What is VWAR?.. or something like that lol.

Anyway if you can't answer that I am still gonna sleep tonight.

WarBirD

VWAR is a team organizing Webtool for Clans etc., here you can see a live example I found.

http://web1.echo673.server4you.de/phpkit/include.php?src=vwar/member.php

I hope this explains it a little. I had it some time ago but the number of possible exploits was just too high. It is handy but I am not sure that this will justify all its leaks. Not sure if its still that way but I just saw they fixed another MySQL Injection leak in September, IÂÃ,´ve read plenty of these in the last year.
Its kinda risky, like trying to risk using NUKE.

feeble

Quote from: WarBirD on November 13, 2006, 08:34:31 AM
I like VWAR but its always so unsecure, thats one of the main problems there. I read almost as much about exploits like "MySQL injection" on VWAR than from NUKE. Its a good tool, no doubt, but the people there seem not really to care much about security.

Other than that I would love to try but I have not just my Webspace to worry about, I also have to take care of my own Root Server and its no secret that people can do bad things when they hacked you.

I doubt all those Security issues have been solved lately.

its true that it isn't the most secure, but with this package. random password are made for new users.

also vwar brings out patches whenever these exploits are found. so it is getting secure gradually.

myself speaking, havent had an issue with my vwar.
also, their arent many system like this available on the net so.

ive tried to make my package really secure. ive followed all smf procedures etc. and its all done by smf queries.

L3X

Any site running actually this mod with smf+ tp ??

:-\