TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 11:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,175
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 124
  • Total: 124

Left block calendar ??? - Updated 4/16/2011

Started by MoreBloodWine, April 05, 2011, 05:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

I would like to suggest this as a sticky so people can choose between the calendar they like the best which for me is the code posted with Events.
Download my custom SMF 1.x / 2.x Who.template.php
Get 15% off using coupon code xjz3918744 here where all your video editing needs can be met !
Design your own sig @ myu2sig.com - Gen Status: - Total unique user count:

ZarPrime

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on April 06, 2011, 12:17:35 AM
1. What do I do to move Birthdays to the bottom so it reads Events, Holidays & then Biorthdays ?

Code (Find) Select

// Order to show calendar entry lists
$order_lists = array('Birthdays', 'Events', 'Holidays');

Code (Replace) Select

// Order to show calendar entry lists
$order_lists = array('Events', 'Holidays', 'Birthdays');

2. How do I underline the month name at the top ?

Actually, let me stop here.  I just looked at your site.  It looks like you have already figured all this out.  Good job. ;)

3. Same as two but for the day abbreviations.

4. Add a space between the users name and the () with their age in it for birthdays so MoreBloodWine(30) changes to MoreBloodWine (30)

Topic marked solved. O0

ZarPrime

MoreBloodWine

Ya, I did figure it all out lol, I woulda replied way sooner but I keep seeming to have intermitten connection issues to this site. In any case, I would still like to recomend the code as a new sticky so people can choose to have which calendar they want.
Get 15% off using coupon code xjz3918744 here where all your video editing needs can be met !

MoreBloodWine

Hey Zar, question, why do thigns from the previous day still stay listed in the block ?

I changed my d-day to yesterday to check it here and it's doin the same thing so it's not just me. Shouldnt items from the previous day fall off once the days passed ?

ZarPrime

The look-behind will always show one day behind with the parameters set in the code I posted.  That is controlled with this code ...

// Choose to show 'look-behind' for the various entry types
$show_bdays_past = false;
$show_events_past = false;
$show_hdays_past = false;

// For any of the above chosen, days prior to today to display -
//    use '0' (zero) to use beginning of current month
$past_look_behind_period = 0;

If you haven't changed any of these parameters, the event listed for April 5th on you site will be visible today, the 6th, but will disappear tomorrow.  If you want to change it so that events show from the beginning of the month, you'd change "$show_events_past = false;" to true.

ZarPrime

MoreBloodWine

I have those exact same settings...

// Choose to show 'look-behind' for the various entry types
$show_bdays_past = false;
$show_events_past = false;
$show_hdays_past = false;

// For any of the above chosen, days prior to today to display -
//    use '0' (zero) to use beginning of current month
$past_look_behind_period = 0;

Anyway, maybe I'm reading to much into this but shouldnt false mean no, don't do look behind ?

How I would like it to work is like the upcoming calendar on the board index where it starts with the current day then looks forward by however many days you have set for the advance in SMF calendar admin which for me is 7.

ZarPrime

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on April 06, 2011, 04:07:12 PM
Anyway, maybe I'm reading to much into this but shouldnt false mean no, don't do look behind ?

How I would like it to work is like the upcoming calendar on the board index where it starts with the current day then looks forward by however many days you have set for the advance in SMF calendar admin which for me is 7.

Yeah, you're reading to much into it. :) As I said ...

Quote from: ZarPrime on April 06, 2011, 03:52:31 PM
The look-behind will always show one day behind with the parameters set in the code I posted.

The code is written in such a way as to make the look-behind feature available to the user, if they want to use it.  That's not available to the user through the SMF Calendar settings.  When you have all 3 settings in the block code set to false, the look-behind feature is disabled for the block code.  However, the mini-calendar will always look behind 1 day.  It has nothing to do with the look ahead features that are controlled by the SMF Calendar settings.  The code is written that way so that it will work the same for everyone.

As I said, the event for yesterday will drop off the mini-calendar tomorrow.  You can see this by looking at our calendar for April here --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=calendar

As you can see, the the fake event that I put in for the 4th can no longer be seen in the mini-calendar.  Tomorrow, the event for the 5th will be gone as well.  I really fail to see what the big deal with this is.

ZarPrime

MoreBloodWine

It's not a big deal, I'm just funny that way I guess.

ZarPrime

Yeah, well some people are like that I guess. ;)

Anyway, if you are satisfied with the answer, please, once again, mark this topic solved as I did yesterday, by changing the message icon in the OP to the solved icon.

ZarPrime

MoreBloodWine

I wouldnt say I;m satisfied but I try not to bother people more than I have to on a certian subject lol.

Anyway, I thought I found the line that controls the default -1 because it also shows a +1 which I guess is a look ahead. Anyway, everything I tried in regards to modifying it either didnt work or error'd on me.

$low_date = ($show_bdays_past || $show_events_past || $show_hdays_past) ? ( ($past_look_behind_period == 0) ? date('Y',$now).'-'.date('m',$now).'-01' : strftime('%Y-%m-%d', $now - (($past_look_behind_period + 1) * 24 * 3600)) ) : $low_date_base;