TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:43:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,175
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 125
  • Total: 126
  • @rjen

Empty Articles and Articles Categories

Started by NIBOGO, October 12, 2008, 01:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kronos

Alright, sorry just found the access box. However, even when all user groups are checked it still comes up with the same problem.

Kronos

Partly yes, I can still add top categories though. The categories having disappeared from the dropdown in the editing page of the menu item occurs over here as well.

I know it's a bug but it isn't a big problem for me now, I can still add separate articles to the menu as items but the pages they direct to are empty or at least aren't showing the articles they should.

NIBOGO

Quote from: G6 on October 13, 2008, 05:58:15 AM
Have you placed your articles inside categories ?

They MUST be inside categories to show...

of course

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on October 13, 2008, 07:46:30 PM
What are the permissions for member groups allowed to view the category in the category settings?

I am the admin , I can view anything

wildcard

I think I've found the issue after playing around with it a bit.  In the blocks overview page in TPadmin, the option to set "one article" under the "Type" column is no longer available in tp106b2.  It is still there when I switched back to tp105b1, however.  Could this be the issue?

NIBOGO

I try to create a total new category and a new article with bbcodes and I have the same error :s

I check the database and everything is ok

What more I can do?

jdvarner

I am also having this problem. I thought going from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 would fix this. Same issue. No articles are showing. Is there an ssi or something i can point to that will bring up the articles until a fix is made. thanks.

G6Cad

jdvarner

Thank You G6 for your response. Actually yes, i can use SSI to draw one article at a time... Would think there is one to group them all together from one category. Is there a reason why articles are not showing in 1.0.6? The article option is there; I only assume It should work. Would be great feature to have it. Is there a work around fix I could implement to make articles appear on the front page?

G6Cad

They dont show as they need categories to be places and sorted in.
Also, there are some big big bugs in the article and articles code and if you read the thread, you wouls have seen we have posted a few in the bugtracker allready.
We will take our time and fix these bugs, not use the time to find temp fixes  ;)