TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 06:47:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 134
  • Total: 135
  • @rjen

First release of 0.6beta

Started by Lesmond, March 30, 2005, 12:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borgBOB

I made the newbie mistake of attempting to uninstall the beta0.65 without
having a back-up. The un-install failed, and actually deleted my SQL databases for TP. Threw some very shaky maneuvers, I was able to copy
files from my other installations of SMF with the TinyPortal v0.65 upgrade.
I have 2 live sites, and one test site. I also had to re-create the SQL databases, and now have all 3 sites working fine.

Have not tried to un-install TP v0.65 on the test site, may try that.

I also think part of the problem was attempting to make changes while the site was in-use. Will have to research maintenance mode.

Bjørn

Actually the un-install of upgrades ALWAYS un-install the whole mod, it won't revert back to an earlier version. So the tables get wiped out and the files for TP removed...but often the index.template.php won't revert back to pre-TP...so just keep a copy of that file un-modded.

But if you want to use an earlier version, the tables will work fine, just without the added things present in later versions.

I will not change anything major in the installation routine from now on, only use existing tables and expand with modules that will be in separate tp-files. They get loaded by the main TPortal file, so its just a matter of replacing just TP files.

borgBOB

Thanks for the Heads-up! Now I will know what to do next time.