TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 09:04:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 226
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77

Looking for Birthday Code

Started by qwe3, March 17, 2006, 05:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osmonicar

all the code works fine but is it easy to get the date format the same as the Forum standard (in my case the Dutch one 5 september 2007 or 5 sep will just do the job.

one new question is:

is it easy to make a birthday calander whit the member avatar included.

vdubbia

okay, how about a version of that last snippet that shows upcoming birthdays and holidays, but for an entire month and NOT showing my members' ages?  Just birthdays this month, showing the day, for the current month.  Some people are sensitive about their ages being public in my forum.

Thanks.

dipper88

hey there,

i know this topic is kinda old, but i'm searching for a special birthday snippet for a block. i tried hard to combine several snippets to fit my needs, but didn't get it working.
what i am looking for is a snippet to primary display the upcoming birthdays of the present month followed by the birthdays already passed in this month. also the snippet should display when the user's birthday is and how old he gets. so e.g. like this

"
Upcoming birthdays for August:
User 1 (20) on 8/14
User 2 (34) on 8/25

Passed birthdays:
User 6 (18) on 8/3
User 19 (23) on 8/10
"

or, don't know if that's easier to code, just display the upcoming birthdays for the next 30 days, followed by the last 10 days' birthdays. the layout just the same as mentioned above ;)

maybe i've slipped over the appropriate snippet, so be kind to just post it underneath, or, be so kind as to code it for me ::)

its not the slightest hurry ;)

thanks

addition:
i currently don't know a lot about smf and tp, i'm new to it, but maybe, if it's not too complicated, one might display today's birthday(s) at the top like:

"
Today's birthday(s) (8/13):
User 34 (13)

Upcoming Birthdays for August.... (continue as stated above)
"

what i now also see, i haven't mentioned to like to have a link to the users displayed in the block, so one can get to their profil.

thanks a lot again

stormlrd

are you looking for something similiar to this: http://www.blindskill.info/forum/index.php
view the heavens day block

I'll post the code up shortly

stormlrd

This actually uses hard links and the children that have died on windowblinds so I'll have to modify it to pull from the member list if your interested.

dipper88

even though i thought at first sight, this isn't what i am looking for, after a while, it just looks like the type of thing, i was looking for.
so, if you get the code modified to fit my needs, i would be very grateful.

IchBin

If you are looking for something that isn't found, please post in the request board to see if anyone would like to help you.

Robert R. Boast

My birthday is November 7, 1937   :tickedoff:  My son Scott's is March 3, 1966   :laugh: