TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:22:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 160
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 133
  • Total: 133

day and night world map script?

Started by tapirul, November 14, 2006, 12:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapirul

I was looking for a script that would allow me to display, in real time, a world map with the current position of the sun (showing where is day and where is night, like this one), but without any luck. I tried this script without success (probably messed up with the installation, especially the folder where the images are supposed to go; the first map though, it's much better - they got it from NASA)
Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot

JPDeni

The images go in your root directory for your forum. I got it to work in a scriptbox, but the block didn't expand fit the image. There's probably some javascript thing that you need to tell it how big the image is.

tapirul

JPDeni

tapirul

it doesn't show the content of the box (it shows only the frame/title if I choose)
Other scriptboxes work.

JPDeni

You don't get a red X where an image should be? If you do, then your images are in the wrong place. If not, it could have to do with your browser. Javascript is notoriously hinky across browsers. I'm using IE6 and saw it just fine.

tapirul

no, i don't get anything. Looks like this (it's the "day and night" box):

Other scripts work, though (I have FF2.0)

PS the pictures are in forum's root, and are chmod-ed

JPDeni

It's hard to know, then, since it worked just fine for me. All I did was copy the code from the site and past it into a scriptbox.