TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:06:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97

Unable to load the 'tp_above' template

Started by davo88, January 22, 2024, 06:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Your second test the one that worked ok, you said there was no no data imported on that occasion.  So something iffy with your database perhaps. 

What mods were you running on the original forum you got the database dump from?  And have you also installed those mods.  Have you any hooks showing in SMF Admin > Forum Maintenance > Integration Hooks?

davo88

@rjen - A regular member account or admin account? Will need an email address won't I?

lurkalot - Will set up @rjen and then get back to you.

@rjen

an admin account plz. just register with a dummy mail adres and send me the details in PM here

@rjen

Just curious: after installing SMF2.1.4 you are 'importing the database'. What database are you importing? I hope it is a 2.1 database, and not your old 2.0 database...

@rjen

The broken page layout is related to the fact that your smileys seem to be broken in the forum...

Not sure how, but after I deactivated the smileys in the shoutbox it looks okay. Maybe a wierd case that I have never seen before. First question that comes to mind: why are your smileys missing?

davo88

@rjen - Two accounts set up - regular and admin - details in PM.

lurkalot
The database is a processed version of my working 2.0.19 forum. Here is the sequence of events I followed.

• Recreate the full working 2.0.19 site on another server
  • Check, check, check to make sure all working and complete.
  • Uninstall the following mods

• Stop Spammer
  • httpBL
  • Ad Managment
  • Remove Child Boards
  • Simple Audio Video Embedder
  • Join date and Location in Posts   
  • SEO Sitemap

• Export database after mod removal
  • Install a fresh version of 2.0.19 on a new location
  • Import database.
  • Meticulously clean database
  • Tables relating to Ad Management and Simple Audio Embedder removed.
  • The Settings table was imported into a spreadsheet along with the Settings table from a virgin 2.0.19 and the settings table from phpBB2 which I was running in 2004.
  • All fields checked across the three lists to identify relics and debris from previous mods and phpBB.
  • Debris fields removed.

• This cleaned database was then exported
  • A third fresh install of 2.0.19 was set up at a third location.
  • The cleaned database was then imported.
  • Then 2.1.4 Upgrade applied.

Finally...
  • Check the end result to make sure all working and complete in a stock 2.1.4 - no mods or themes added.
  • 2.1.4 format database and attachments exported.

That is the database I have been using in further 2.1.4 test sites and these TP test sites.
Note that when imported into a stock 2.1.4 site, everything appears normal and working.

@rjen, I will have a look at the Smileys issue now.

@rjen

Thorough process. Chapeau!

But as far as I can see in test site 220 the smileys are not working, also not in the forum. That as a pre-existing condition, not caused by TP.

I tried to reproduce the issue on a test board by removing the smiley directories and then just the files, but for me the display does not break like yours...

@rjen

there is also something funky with the avatars

Edit: Link removed.

is missing

davo88

Quote... why are your smileys missing?

Rushing to set up these latest test sites this morning, I had not copied over the 'default' set of smileys to the Smileys directory.
They are a phpBB set of smileys from 2004. Have copied them over now, but they are still not appearing correctly. Will have to fiddle with the settings some more.

I will go back to square one. Take a break for a while, retrace my steps through the cleaning and conversion process, then set up a fresh 2.1.4 site, install the database, ensure the smileys are working, then install TP 3.0.0.

Bloody smileys... :tickedoff: 

Quote from: @rjen"there is also something funky with the avatars
Thanks @rjen, will check that too before next test.