TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 10:58:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 127
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 92
  • Total: 92

Article manager

Started by 5cakids, April 27, 2007, 04:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5cakids

Ok can I let members submit articles just to one section? If yes then how do they do it?

rebelrose

*Edit* Look below for the correct answer  :uglystupid2:

IchBin

No you can't control this. Thats why articles have an approval system. The mods you set to approve articles can control what categories articles go in. Right now in TP, its either approval or not. No permissions on separate cats etc.

marzi

Hello,
   As an observation, I have read a number of postings about the subject of controlling members or someone else  being able to post/write to an article or articles.
   Perhaps I am confused and mistaken, but isn't this what the forum itself does: allows for the creations of articles (called topics), controls who can post-start-respond-pick the subject, etc.

IchBin

Yes its what the forum does, but its not what TinyPoral "articles" do.

marzi

Is there an easy way to describe how they differ and what advantage one may have over the other?

IchBin

No easy way really. All I can tell you is that TP uses its own permissions for articles. It doesn't use the SMF permissions. They simply are not built in to TP to be able to do it right now.

Nokonium

Quote from: marzi on April 28, 2007, 11:02:49 AM
Is there an easy way to describe how they differ and what advantage one may have over the other?

An article can be what you want it to be, they are much more versatile than forum posts. On one of my sites I use articles as static pages to create a website with a forum.