TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 91

Upgrade to 1.0.6 ... now TP is GONE!!!

Started by KBkustoms, February 10, 2006, 04:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KBkustoms

OK...I'm sure I did something stupid, but, I swear I followed the instructions!!!  LOL!!

TP 0.75
No mods other than that.
SMF 1.0.5 ...OR... 1.0.6 (not sure which is appropriate in this situation!)
Not a test site.
www.kbkustoms.com

I was having some slow loading issues with my SMF 1.0.5 site today, and figured since they didn't "seem" to be related to my host (other non php sites worked fine) that it just needed to be upgraded.  I downloaded the "update" files from SMF, put all on my server as instructed, did the upgrade with the only hitch being that I had to chmod my Settings_bak file to 777....other than that...no probs, all said "successful". 
But after I deleted the upgrade.php and went to my site....ALL TP related items were GONE...with the exception of the TPadmin button, but it didn't work.
And not onlythat, but also the reg admin functions were not working.  I seemed to be "locked out" as I could not get to any admin.  Tried to post, but got "session" errors asking me to log out/in, but when I tried that, I got the same session error and could not log in.

So, I uploaded an index.php file that I know included TP....and boom....all TP functions were back, and so were most of my admin functions. However I noticed that my SMF version (footer) did not show the recent upgrade...and I put the site on maintenance mode.  Sent emails to my members, although I'm not sure they were "all" sent, as I got a Timed Out error.  In the forum, I made a reply to a post...but could not get to most threads (slow load)...so, I thought I would try killing the browser window, and logging out.  When I opened new browser and got back to my site...I was hit with a "maintenance" page as expected, BUT...this page was blank with the exception of my maintenance message....no "admin login" or graphics, theme colors structure...nothing!
So, I know I can get the site out of maintenance mode by modifying the settings.php file, but, any suggestions about what I can do to get these odd errors and slow loading issues taken care of??

THANKS!!!! :)
Kevan
KB Kustoms

eldacar

Put back the 1.0.6 index file. When you upgraded SMF you removed the changes TP needs. Just reinstall TP again. It won't touch your database, so everything should be working again.

KBkustoms

THANKS!

Ok...I put back the 106 index.php file and in settings.php I changed the maint. mode to 0.....uploaded, went to site and still had the "near" blank screen, but instead of my message, I had the "parse Error" message.
I "thought" that by changing the maint.mode back to zero, I would disable maint.mode and gain access again, but now, Im a little paranoid of doing any more upgrades or installs...but should I just do the 086 upgrade since Ill have to manually install anyway...cant use Package Manger even if I could get to it...host's security settings wont allow it.

KBkustoms

Update...I got rid of the parse error and blank screen...still havent restored TP yet but I tried the "upDATE" install again, all successful messages, no errors ... still had problem ... finally tried the "upGRADE" install and got the forum back with all themes!  Admin works, but started asking me for PW everytime I clicked on admin links, and eventually resulting in that session error again.  TPadmin takes me to home page, which is of course now just the forum main page...and the worst part is I still have slow loading threads and forums. 
The loading prob also seems to be "consistently" the same threads/forums, but other than that theres no pattern....some threads work, some dont, same with individual "forums".
So could simply not reinstalling or upgrading TP have something to do with this loading prob? It started before I did any upgrades at all.

G6Cad

Have you replased that script.js that caused some heavy load problems with SMF rc 2 ?

You can read about it here and download the file that needs to be replaced. i dont really know if this is the case for you, but try anyway.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=66862.0

KBkustoms

Thanks G6, but according to what I read on that thread, the js/FF issue doesn't affect SMF 1.05 and nothing mentioned about 1.06 either.  Plus, I personally am using IE6 browser when this loading issue occurs.

I'm going to do the TP 86 upgrade I believe, but at this moment, my admin functions are still limited by the condition I posted about the session errors.  I'm asked to log in every time I click on an admin link...enter the password and 9 of 10 times it gives me the session error and says to login again..which fails.

So should I try the TP upgrade while I'm still having the other issues???

THANKS!!!

IchBin

Have you tried clearing your cache & cookies and seeing if you can login?

KBkustoms

Yepper, that was one of the first things I tried Ich....had no effect.

Well, I went ahead and did the 086 upgrade and it appears that the site is "pretty much" back to normal.  I'm not sure what exactly the slow load issue was, but that seems to be good now.  Also the session errors related to admin login have stopped and I can now get to all functions!!!

Ive got some questions about the new TP though.

First....Ive got lots of "Red Xs" instead of "icons" ... some are the TPadmin icons, some are the Block "submit" and others are in the "user" block relating to the new TP features..ie "download" etc.
Other than that...is there something that allows me to disable the "downloads" to members?  I'm not sure I want that to show just yet.

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!

PS.....I just noticed the "upshrink" images show fine UNTIL...you click on one, then the image is either gone, invisible, or the same color as the background....no red x, and if you can "see" where to click, itdoes still restore the block.

G6Cad

The red x'es are just missing images probably.

Right klick on the red exes and se the path for them, and upload the images in to tah dir it calls them from.

About the download you just block all the groups in the permissions i think.

IchBin

KBKustoms, there has been an update that fixed a few issues. One of them being the upshrink bug that you pointed out.