TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:31:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 88
  • Total: 89
  • @rjen

TP isn't Free

Started by gfxindia, September 23, 2006, 04:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfxindia

Today Bloc goes to Sleep. Next day he comes over and announces that Tinyportal will no more be Free.

>:D

What will you do ?

Vote your opinion in the poll.

I dont want answers saying -" Bloc wouldn't do that "

RoarinRow

Scared me for a sec there   :o   Of course I'd buy   :coolsmiley:

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

Xarcell

I'd buy too.

In fact, I hope he charges for something one day.

iwyen

Hmm.. As a matter of fact, I'll switch back to using SSI functions which i was using before..

Techdomain

While an excellent product, I am an open source man... and hence if/when it goes commercial I would leave town :P

G6Cad

Bloc have stated many times that TP will ALWAYS be free, The themes is what he is expand in the theme shop for get some foundings, but TP it self will always be free :)

Skhilled

Quote from: JRW on September 23, 2006, 09:16:58 AM
While an excellent product, I am an open source man... and hence if/when it goes commercial I would leave town :P
Open Source doesn't mean free as in how much you'd pay but that the code used is freely available to modify and do with as you like, within reason. Freeware is software that is not paid for but is also not usually free to modify.

Paying for software also shows your support. Usually with paid software you get better support but I've yet to see the level of support for paid software that has been given here.

EDIT: and yes, I do support open source and have for many years.

parentingdiscussions

Personally, I think if we all knew what went into this I think we all would feel a bit guilty for not making an effort to give some money to someone, at least make a donation to the cause. I really can’t see why he couldn’t charge a little bit, but again he is a good man and wants to share it with everyone, so rather then charging for it, why not just keep the donations coming in, that does help in some cases. 

alan s

Quote from: Mrs G6 on September 23, 2006, 09:33:18 AM
Bloc have stated many times that TP will ALWAYS be free, The themes is what he is expand in the theme shop for get some foundings, but TP it self will always be free :)

Lol , this is just a hypothetical situation ,We all know(and hope) that tinyportal will always be free , still Its intresting to know what people would do if it wasnt.

Personally i'd buy it if the price was reasonable.

Personally

mnichols7

I agree with Robert, which is why I donate whenever I received the kind of help that I got from BorgBob and G6.

Because I know how valuable time is, and these people give untiringly to all who seek support here and on SMF. I would have like to donated more but there is a certain restraint on my pocketbook,  :2funny: