TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 09:34:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Michael Jackson dead

Started by lesmond, June 25, 2009, 11:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesmond

Pop legend Michael Jackson is reported to have died of a heart attack after he was rushed to hospital in Los Angeles

Source

Renegd98

Yep, he was only 50 years old.

JPDeni

In so many ways he was a tragic character. A boy who never was allowed to have a childhood. I wonder what the rest of us might have done if we had walked in his shoes.

Zetan

Here's a BBC article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8119993.stm

I quite liked MJs music when I was a kid, not quite the crazed fan, but I had some of his albums and read the biography, Moonwalk. I think if those albums were released today being heard for the first time, they'd still be smash hits.

Well, you had my money and squandered it on being plastic.. I'm gonna download a few albums instead of rushing out to buy the "Best of's" "An evening with.." "The Jackson 5 - Remastered".

RIP

G6Cad

A lot of children will be safer in the future...

Lord Anubis

Quote from: G6 on June 26, 2009, 08:17:06 AM

LMFAO....although that is true

he is a true icon, even Geiko uses him in their commercials (US)

IchBin

I don't think most people know he was exonerated for the child molesting charges. People can point fingers and make assumptions about whether he was guilty or not, but it doesn't change the fact that this guy made history as the "King of Pop" like no one has ever before. Its too bad he wasn't able to shake of his problems. He had so much more potential just waiting to be used. Its unfortunate it had to end so suddenly. I feel very sorry for his children.

FERNSIDEâ„¢

Quote from: G6 on June 26, 2009, 08:17:06 AM
*sigh*

Quote from: IchBin™ on June 26, 2009, 08:00:39 PM
I don't think most people know he was exonerated for the child molesting charges. People can point fingers and make assumptions about whether he was guilty or not, but it doesn't change the fact that this guy made history as the "King of Pop" like no one has ever before. Its too bad he wasn't able to shake of his problems. He had so much more potential just waiting to be used. Its unfortunate it had to end so suddenly. I feel very sorry for his children.
+k

Rest well :)

pheasant_plucker

I didn't really care for MJ's music in any way and even though he was very weird I can't help feeling sorry for the guy! I do not believe any of the child molestation stories in any form. I see a lonely, childlike person who felt comfortable and at peace with children. All the accusations were by money grabbing scum who were out for what they could get.

Gerry

bloc

Can only agreed, people are so quick to judge when the media can turn anything into a disaster, I have little faith in any "truths" there.

Anyways, he was still a master of music and dance, just see how his styles have influenced generations.

Speaking of which..I don't listen that often to his music lol, but for me "Thriller" will always be best. It wasn't so "cold" as his later music and very innovative.(Might also have something to do that I was in my teens when it came out lmao :D )