TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 04:37:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 62
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81

[Block] Linkit - A member submittable links block

Started by Thurnok, August 02, 2006, 10:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

Quote from: milesenglish on December 17, 2007, 05:11:30 AM
One more thing, when I log out of my site and view it as a guest the title of the block goes away and reads "-no title-" instead.  It works correctly when logged in as a regular user where it displays as "Links".  Can you help with this?
Did you set the other language options for it as well? In each block you have other boxes to display the title in another language.

Thurnok

Sorry... been on hiatus for 6+ months, so I haven't been around to see / answer any questions.  I'm still not fully back, but hopefully I can answer a few questions.

@ cru / dannbass / Anthea - I'm not sure where the problem lies, but perhaps it is something with the new SMF.  Linkit was last tested (by myself anyway) with SMF 1.1.2 / TP 0982.    The latest version of LinkIt (1.7.1) is working on my TP Blocks site still.  Once I have time to get back to TP stuff, I will update as necessary for the latest SMF and TP.

@ milesenglish - at one time I thought about putting in a category feature, but dropped it due to the future TP Module stuff.  Plan was to convert this block to a TP Module (before I got too tied up at work with a 16+ hours/day 6+ days/week schedule for the past 6 months).  Down to about a 12 hour day now, so I'm almost getting back to normal... when I get back to normal, I will re-evaluating LinkIt's future.

starcad

Thurnok, Well first let me say assume script.  Just to reassure you I have it working on the latest download of TP.  Not the Beta but the one offered here on TP.  Works great just had to make a couple of tweaks and it just works.

G6Cad

QuoteNot the Beta but the one offered here on TP

Actually it is Beta release that one to. And from this site ?  You know of any other site you can get hold of TP mod from ?

starcad

Hahaha! Of course your right G6, my bad.  Linkit works just fine and like I said above, just a little tweaking here and there to get it to do what I wanted.  I wanted to be able to use an image for the link to a site so I had to increase the size of the URL Name box.  This allowed me to add the image path and the path for the link.  Very easy to install and configure.  On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate this snib a 10 and should be a must have. O0

TCEd

Hey folks, real newbie here with all this, so how do I add this block to my site? copy/paste the code to where & how? thanks for the baby steps.

NEVER mind, I found the help section, thanks again.