TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 108
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108

[Block] Additional Stats

Started by Lord Anubis, March 31, 2008, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Probably asking in the wrong place, but,

Anyone managed to pull any info from a Coppermine gallery, and add it to this block?

• Users in gallery = Who
  • What album they're viewing
  • What pic they're viewing

etc, etc.

I can't seem to find any way of doing something like this, and I've searched everywhere.  Even asked over at http://coppermine-gallery.net , and http://www.simplemachines.org/ to no avail.  There must be loads of people using smf, and coppermine, and having the same problem.

I have SMF 1.1.8 bridged with Coppermine 1.4.21, and tinyportal 0.9.8

Ken.

Did you take a look at CpmFetch on the CPG forum?

I've not looked at it in some time now, but I think it had some stats capability to go along with it's image displays.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Thanks Ken.   

I'm using copperminefetch to pull images to my latest images front page block.

My problem is the users online doesn't show when someone is in the gallery, it just shows them as "Viewing the board index of cameracraniums.com"

Would be nice if I could get this to show them in the additional stats block I'm using.  like, Users in gallery and  Member name  underneath, much like the part that shows users in arcade.

ZarPrime

lurkalot,

Hang around for awhile and be patient.  Perhaps Lord Anubis will see this and be able to add something to the code for you to be able to do this since he wrote the original code.

ZarPrime

lurkalot

Quote from: ZarPrime on April 19, 2009, 05:45:03 PM
lurkalot,

Hang around for awhile and be patient.  Perhaps Lord Anubis will see this and be able to add something to the code for you to be able to do this since he wrote the original code.

ZarPrime

Thanks.  I did ask a similar question directly on Lord Anubis's site a year ago, think he was stumped then. lol...

I also just asked again over at http://coppermine-gallery.net/, and was told that Coppermine doesn't record that info, so there's no easy way to accomplish that tracking.  see here, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,59120.0.html

That said, I'm sure I've seen this done on sites before, just can't find one now, to ask them. :(

Looks like I'll have to give up on this one.

Ianedres

I am 99% sure that Coppermine does not track your current position through the database, which would be how SMF would obtain that info... ::)

Lord Anubis

Quote from: lurkalot on April 22, 2009, 07:52:07 AM

Thanks.  I did ask a similar question directly on Lord Anubis's site a year ago, think he was stumped then. lol...

Correct, I never used Coppermine so have no idea how incorporate this  ???

lurkalot

Quote from: Lord Anubis on April 23, 2009, 03:40:18 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on April 22, 2009, 07:52:07 AM

Correct, I never used Coppermine so have no idea how incorporate this  ???

Thanks Lord Anubis

Just to be clear, I wasn't having a dig at you, I know you tried very hard to help me. ;) 

I was wondering if there was some sort of script I could put in my gallery sub directory that could show users visiting the gallery, and then pull the info to the bottom of this block.  Anyone know if there is such a thing, and if this is possible? 

Lord Anubis

there is a few, search google for "users online script", I doubt it will grab their usernames without modification, but it will allow you to show how many people are on that page for a certain time interval