TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

TP corrupt or not compatible [SOLVED]

Started by Ciinien, December 18, 2006, 02:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciinien

I just upgraded to SMF 1.1.1, and all that went fine. Tried to re-upload TP 0.97 and now I get something about the file being corrupt or incompatible with this version of SMF.

Anyone else having this problem? And if it is an incomparability issue due to the new security feature and stuff in 1.1.1, any idea when the 0.97.1, or whatever, will be coming out?

hkymre

Just had the same - upgraded my test site to 1.1.1 and then tried to install TP0.9.7 for the first time and hit the corrupt or not compatible error

G6Cad

TP package dont recognice the 1.1.1 file check in SMF, but TP is still the same, so eather go for the manuall install package and do it the manual way, or change the .MOD file in TP to version 1.1.1 instead of 1.1 and run it through the package manager

Ciinien

Urhmm, could you be just a tiny bit more explicit with the *.mod file name and where within the file the version number might be located? I've been through every *.mod file in the *.zip and the only that looks like it might be what needs changing is: "tinyportal09x-11rc1.mod". Within this file, the only version number I see is at the very top and is 0.9. The <mod info> entry just below that also states v0.9.

Thanks for any further help in this matter.

Crip

Use the [Search] button for more help/advise. :)
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Ciinien

Been there and done that, Crip - this ain't my first dog and pony show either. ;)

Nothing there that addresses this particular issue that I have found. I've also searched the support, installation, and theme forums as well - no joy there either.

Nonetheless, thanks for the illuminating advice.

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

hkymre

Sussed it.
Extract the TP_097.zip file to your PC and edit the package-info.xml file
Find the reference to 1.1 and add ", 1.1.1" after them - should be 2 of them, an install and uninstall
Zip it up again and install.

Kromel

Quote from: hkymre on December 18, 2006, 03:55:21 PM
Sussed it.
Find the reference to 1.1 and add ", 1.1.1" after them - should be 2 of them, an install and uninstall

Thanks hkymre, works like a champ!

faylo

Quote from: Kromel on December 18, 2006, 06:24:09 PM
Sussed it.

Thanks hkymre, works like a champ!

I have to say coming here to look for help was the best !!!!!
i was haveing the same issue and this fixed it !!!!!
you guys are the best, Thanks

Ciinien

Sussed it.

I had already done this since it's the only file I could find references to 1.1 at all. But since G6 specified *.mod files, I looked through all them first - to no avail of course.

However, thanks for the response and further help.