TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 06:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 143
  • Total: 143

Image of the week in front block help Please.

Started by lurkalot, March 26, 2008, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

I have added a front html block, and have a image link from my coppermine gallery.  Also another link to the winner of that weeks gallery.  Like this below.

When someone clicks on the image it opens it in their gallery.  There's also another link "You can check out more images from this weeks winner, Vxisme Here".

I'm having trouble making these links open in the same window, and I know nothing about html etc  :idiot2: , could someone show me the correct way to code this please. 

All I have in the block is this so far.

<center><STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000 size=5>Test Block for Image of the Week</FONT></STRONG></center><hr>

<center>
<P>[url=http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-164][IMG]http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_high-sat.jpg[/IMG][/url]</P>
<P><STRONG>Congratulations vxisme, you have won Image of the Week</STRONG></P>
<P>You can check out more images from this weeks winner, Vxisme [url=http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10007]<STRONG>Here</STRONG>[/url]</P>
</center>

Also, while I'm on this subject, is there a way to, when someone clicks on the image it opens up in Lightbox?

JPDeni

QuoteI'm having trouble making these links open in the same window,

Use [ iurl ] ... [ /iurl ] (without the spaces) instead of [ url ] ... [ /url ].

Quoteis there a way to, when someone clicks on the image it opens up in Lightbox?

Not a clue.

lurkalot

Quote from: JPDeni on March 26, 2008, 06:59:57 PM
QuoteI'm having trouble making these links open in the same window,

Use [ iurl ] ... [ /iurl ] (without the spaces) instead of [ url ] ... [ /url ].

Quoteis there a way to, when someone clicks on the image it opens up in Lightbox?

Not a clue.

Thank you very much,

that was quick and very simple.   Works a treat. :)

Would be nice to have the lightbox feature just for my Image of the week pic, but it's not the end of the world.   Plus I really don't want to start messing with my index page etc, so was hoping for a easy (idiot proof) way of adding it to a block.

Thanks again.

JPDeni

I don't know anything about Lightbox or what it is or where it comes from or what the code is. It's sorta like if you said you'd like to use "grumbleflitz." I don't know what that is either. :)

lurkalot

Here's the site where you can read about the lightbox script.  Lightbox. js

Not heard of "grumbleflitz" either. :)

JPDeni

I see. You'd have to use a different type of block, using html code instead of BBC code.