TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 07:08:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39

Next TP Release?

Started by st!nko, July 12, 2006, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunlike

Quote from: Jpg on August 27, 2006, 02:58:58 PMSERIOUSLY!! WOW! So I'll keep everything! :) :) :)

Yep, the database should always be fine. But, you should always make back-ups, anyway, just to have them.

Jpg

Actually my host makes backups every week for me. So I can ask for them. And usually I back up my databases everytime I go into Mysql in my Z-panel.

MyJC

Never rely on a host's backups. -voe

PhilH

If your host is backing up off server you are probably OK in terms of catastrophic loss. That assumes backups are done daily not weekly. I suggest ask them to restore something for you just to see if they can peerform.

If you are backing up with cPanel on your own server...I have been advised to test the backups periodically. cPanel has it's quirks!

Backing up before you make changes to a site is always good along with having recent backups on your home machine just for a quick restore.

I lost everything on my server once....very painful...I would hate for anybody to go through that!

Techdomain

IchBin

Quote from: JRW on September 06, 2006, 08:40:57 AM
cron!
tar -cfz backup.tar.gz /your/home/directory :)

I do the same with my MySQL folder since I own the server. It pays to have backup. We have this cool backup server for the office computers called "Mirra" which installs a program on everyones computer and automatically makes a backup of the folders you specify to the Mirra server. It even keeps a copy of the same file if its changed. Anywho, sorry to go OT. :)