TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 10:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48

Michael Jackson dead

Started by lesmond, June 25, 2009, 11:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddy

Yeah same here.  I watched a lot of the tribute shows that have been on almost instantly in the UK.  Not a bad thing.  But I was blow away (again) by his dancing in videos like Smooth Criminal.  I've never seen anyone so in control of their body.  Amazing.  Sad to see him go.

Zetan

What I find amusing is how every TV channel is already geared up with tributes post produced.. Add a few dates here, add a few "Star" opinions there.. Job done, On the Air ready to go! They are either very professional and brilliant at whipping up countless shows, or they've been waiting for years for the announcement of a "Stars" death.

They had one waiting for Diana, they've probably got one lined up for Madonna and how amazing she was (past tense) and she had a strange obsession for wanting to adopt fashionable black kids. Pity Jacko's are white, she'd have probably snapped them up.

Lord Anubis

and where is the Billy Mays thread :'(

oh and poor Fawcett, MJ stole all her glory

JPDeni

You can certainly start a Billy Mays thread.

It is true that Michael Jackson's death did eclipse Farrah Fawcett's. However, there was a lot about Farrah's upcoming death for several weeks beforehand, including a two-hour tv special about her illness. Ryan O'Neal was on every magazine show on tv. So a lot of the grieving over Farrah happened before she died. Michael Jackson's death was so sudden and unexpected, especially after the announcement of the upcoming concerts. It takes a while to process a "surprise" like that.

sturmkatze

Quote from: G6 on June 26, 2009, 08:17:06 AM
A lot of children will be safer in the future...
WOW! I ACTUALLY agree w/ G6 on something ;D Michael Jackson made some great music, but... it's all mitigated and undermined by the fact he became a freak and most probably DID molest young boys :o

I've been hearing some great jokes, but most probably I shouldn't post them. :P

sturmkatze

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on June 26, 2009, 08:00:39 PM
I don't think most people know he was exonerated for the child molesting charges.
It was more they just didn't have enough hard evidence. A 40 some year old man sleeping naked w/ someone else's children. :o Just sad.

QuotePeople can point fingers and make assumptions about whether he was guilty or not, but it doesn't change the fact that this guy made history as the "King of Pop" like no one has ever before. Its too bad he wasn't able to shake of his problems. He had so much more potential just waiting to be used. Its unfortunate it had to end so suddenly. I feel very sorry for his children.
He was one of those cases where too much fame and money made him go nuts. The only good thing I thought was he not only went out in debt, but $400 MILLION in debt :P How does it take $30. million a year to live? Ack!

bloc

Like I said, we don't have all the facts and probably never will, so why pass judgment on half-truths and hidden agendas. :P He was rich, alone and probably a little crazy, I think thats about it one can draw out of it.

oh yeah, and he did manage to sell quite a few records BEFORE any of the "things" happended as well. Even Elvis have done some cazy stuff, Beatles likewise, but its not those things that have become their legacy.

Crip

I'd never judge a dead human being for what they allegedly done while living , it just ant right -----
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

sturmkatze

Quote from: Crip on June 29, 2009, 11:13:13 PM
I'd never judge a dead human being for what they allegedly done while living , it just ant right -----
Nah, I judged him while he WAS living. I'm over it now.

sturmkatze

Quote from: Bloc on June 29, 2009, 10:09:05 PM
Like I said, we don't have all the facts and probably never will, so why pass judgment on half-truths and hidden agendas. :P He was rich, alone and probably a little crazy, I think thats about it one can draw out of it.
Too much money, too much fame, too young.

Quoteoh yeah, and he did manage to sell quite a few records BEFORE any of the "things" happened as well. Even Elvis have done some crazy stuff, Beatles likewise, but its not those things that have become their legacy.
People believe what they wish to believe. Some will forget the "Elephant Man" and Bubbles. Some won't. I'm moving on, just tired of media BS on it.