TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:26:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46

What do you guys use for testing your code?

Started by Megaforum, December 09, 2007, 01:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nokonium

Wamp looks interesting, downloading Wampserver2 as I type.  :up:

Hairy

I've been playing around with it for last 2 hours, very nice! :D

Dragooon

I set up my Own WAMP server
I download Apache MySQL and PHP as separate and installed them Lol and it works quite good.

Smoky

ok guys help a newbie out lol..  i googled and have come up with all kinds of stuff, but here is the thing:

i have a toshiba l30/35 laptop, with only 60 gigs in it.. (would love to have a external hard drive and ram for Christmas.. but might have to wait on that  :-\  ) but i have a linksys router lol.. that has been modded to the hilt, (has either a 1 gig or 4 gig in it) and i know i could do something with it (if i was in control of my web service, but i am not.. ) could i put the wamp on it by any chance? i need something.. anything would help.. thanks  ;)

Lesmond

Dragooon

WAMP stands for Windows - Apache - MySQL - PHP
LAMP stands for Linux - Apache - MySQL - PHP
You can download and install all the 3 units(AMP), separately or download a quick fix type of program like Xampp or EasyPHP.

Smoky

Quote from: Dragooon on December 10, 2007, 10:22:16 AM
WAMP stands for Windows - Apache - MySQL - PHP
LAMP stands for Linux - Apache - MySQL - PHP
You can download and install all the 3 units(AMP), separately or download a quick fix type of program like Xampp or EasyPHP.

i know what the wamp stands for Dragooon, but can i put it on the laptop, hate to mess up the router putting stuff on it, cuz if i do, i dont think i will be using the laptop in my house lol will be outside and it gets rather chilly at night up in the Smoky Mountains where i live..

so which one would be the best.. ?? im lost  :D

or could i use wubi to put the linux on my laptop like a virtual?? ???

Dragooon

Laptop is a computer only.
See These things have a chance of conflicting with your other softwares. So I really cant say much.

Rumbaar

Yeah I downloaded and installed them separately, should have gone and found an 'all in one' package instead.  Though it was relatively easy to setup anyways.

...well easy when security isn't an issue :)

Smoky

i heard this is to work on either my laptop or my router so will give it a try and report back lol  :D

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html