TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 06:17:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 77
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62

My "Holy Sh*t" Idea...

Started by Xarcell, May 31, 2006, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunlike

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on June 12, 2006, 06:13:38 PMNext thing you know, you won't have to do anything because TinyPortal will just read your mind.

Now that would be a cool feature!

;)

bloc

haha...that will be the day.

But seriously, this is the sort of things where TP can shine. Every portal seems to have a blog and blocks and a neat links manager lol..but not many will allow this kind of scenario, at least none I know. And I really like the sort of macro-micro/site-in-site..all run from SMF+TP.

IchBin

I have to say at first I didn't understand Xarcells idea. When he was saying he would like to have a site within a site. I wasn't thinking of related communities or anything like that for some reason. I can see how it can work after re-reading some. Not all of it I agree with, but that is just my opinion. Nevertheless, good ideas come from other good ideas. Sorry if I came off a little too blunt about the way I see things Xarcell.

bloc

The way i understood it is that it allows membergroups or single members( -> single membergroup for one) to make board(s) more their own, in that blocks can only appear on thsoe boards, a theme set on that board as their "own" and articles written can have the same theme, and same blocks - it will actually feel like site in the site. ANd it won't be complex to setup..like a multiple sitemanager would be, becasue you as admin just adminstrate thsoe forums and blocks to that membergroup and voila, they are on their own.

I have added selection of theme for articles - boards of course already have this feature - working on block access overall and perhaps also article permission, but I will see how much time that takes, if too long it will have to wait. But editing blocks per membergroup will be in. The admin/block admin can then just set a edit permission for a membergroup on a block, make it visible only on certain pages/board etc. and the theme(if wanted) on said articles/board. 

bloc

Some sort of macro function for this could also be good..but first the "raw" steps needs to work.

stormlrd

Put that way bloc I understand it much better and the potential setups are limitless, sorry X i didnt quite understand but this sounds potentially a new breakthrough if forum indexing

Xarcell

Ya, you got the idea right Bloc.

You can even use the exact same system for blogging. Just do it by user. Then you would have a top-notch blogging system. A site within a site so to speak.

Just ideas I'm trying to throw out. Like you said, it would really make TP shine and above any other in my opinion.

bloc

I have now all of the elements working, save the "edit blocks" per membergroup feature, which is last before testing.

Xarcell

:: DROOLS ::

well done Bloc.