TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 04:23:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 44
  • tino

block permission according to message count.

Started by deniz, April 19, 2006, 06:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sineksekiz

Well it does work. : D May be it is because of my php version. I run my own server and it is 5.1.4 (I could not upgrade it 5.2.5 because it also uses Fedora Core 6 soit is not supported by yum.)

IchBin

Well with crap like that happening then you'll likely run into other problems. lol Good luck with that. :)

Ianedres

I've seen code that uses no single quotes around the array key; to me, and for what it is worth, it is a form of laziness to not use the proper syntactic structure of the code language you are writing with. If nothing else, it will lead to errors or slight changes between installations (as we provide code to many different servers types here on TP)...

Also, when I write if/else loops, I specify the brackets from the initial writing of the loop- I actually type {} and separate the two with a line between, whether I intend to use one line or five; I write the code and test. That way, if I add lines to the loop, I already have the brackets set and I can error-check the code much easier if needed.

Just a bit of forward-thinking for my purposes. Shortcuts may save you ten keystrokes or so, but writing with the future in mind can really help develop your code with boilerplate. I recently was able to convert several CSV scripts to SQL simply by changing the way the variables were set in the loops- already set in brackets and the variables properly specified in arrays.

Sineksekiz

Quote from: IchBin™ on November 02, 2008, 04:04:35 AM
Well with crap like that happening then you'll likely run into other problems. lol Good luck with that. :)

I always have a problem with my server. But it teaches me alot. : D Hell I am always in trouble in life. May be the being in trouble is my natural state of beign. It never gets dull. Never ever. : DDDD

Quote from: Ianedres on November 02, 2008, 08:20:51 AM
I've seen code that uses no single quotes around the array key; to me, and for what it is worth, it is a form of laziness to not use the proper syntactic structure of the code language you are writing with. If nothing else, it will lead to errors or slight changes between installations (as we provide code to many different servers types here on TP)...

Also, when I write if/else loops, I specify the brackets from the initial writing of the loop- I actually type {} and separate the two with a line between, whether I intend to use one line or five; I write the code and test. That way, if I add lines to the loop, I already have the brackets set and I can error-check the code much easier if needed.

Just a bit of forward-thinking for my purposes. Shortcuts may save you ten keystrokes or so, but writing with the future in mind can really help develop your code with boilerplate. I recently was able to convert several CSV scripts to SQL simply by changing the way the variables were set in the loops- already set in brackets and the variables properly specified in arrays.

Oh don't get me wrong please. This is not the way I am. This is the way it is. : D I do some C++ coding and some PHP and HTML desighn I even am careful how many crachter a tab will containg ( I do standard 8 )... My coding is generally so clean. Because it mostly is so simple. : D But I don't know why this happens like this but it happens anyways...

One of these days I will re format my server and install everything over again with nice PHP 5.2.5 and Mysql 5.2 then I think everything should be normal. : )

Thank you guys.